Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Management Analyst III to provide services to support the Office of the Executive Director, Finance-Program Division (OES-DRL/EX/FPD) in the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor Office. The two primary objectives is to provide financial oversight to multiple appropriations to funding grants, cooperative agreements and Inter-Agency Agreements that are awarded to Non- profit organizations (NGOs) and other Agencies that help secure the peace, deter aggression, promote the rule of law, combat crime and corruption, strengthen democracies, and promote human rights globally. In addition, the contractor will support the travel helpdesk as backup personnel during the absence of the season’s staff.
The Management Analyst III will be responsible for ensuring effective execution of the Economic Support Funding in the appropriate financial systems: determine correct charges/expenditures against all ESF funding that is applied during the PMS approval process of grant drawn down requests and to determine whether funding is warranted and available; analyzing financial account systems before approval of payment requests as required. The incumbent assists with bureau briefings to our customer the Office of Global Program staff on ESF programs.
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- The budget analyst provides represents and communicates FMD objectives and practices that are used to ensure adherence of State Department and Office of Management and Budget policy that involves obligating and recording Economic Support Funding and other Foreign Assistance transfer funding to include by not limited to receiving from regional bureaus and other Federal Agencies
- Consult with other offices and outside Agency including the office of acquisitions management, office of the legal advisor, and USAID to ensure the accuracy of the obligating authority of the ESF funding. The contractor represents and communicates FMD objectives and practices that are used to ensure adherence of State Department and Office of Management and Budget policy that involves obligating and recording Economic Support Funding and other Foreign Assistance transfer funding to include by not limited to receiving funds from regional bureaus and other Federal Agencies
- Develops communication strategies to disseminate new policy requirements to effectively streamline procedures in the Bureau.
- Maintains documentation and audit trails of past financial activities, audit reviews, new policies changes at the Department and bureau level.
Training and Briefings
- Participates in workshop training exercises to disseminate information about travel policy and required documents needed for specialized TDY.
- Participates in Travel Helpdesk Planning meetings
- Review and recommend to de-obligate [PASS1] with supporting documentation in GFMS on DRL close out requests from AQM
- PMS Pass 1 approval portfolio on all foreign assistance in PMS
- Provide assistance with tracking prior year accounts for closeout 2008 through 2016
- Maintain working files for grant payments for audit purposes
- Provide Area-wide guidance and assistance concerning travel management policies and procedures.
- Provide interpretation and ensures compliance with operating policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Participate in the development of policy and procedures for travel management based upon new and revised Federal travel regulations.
- Review all Area personnel travel vouchers submitted in the travel system for compliance with Joint Federal Travel Regulations, and as such, incumbent is responsible for the travel audit of all travel vouchers.
- Participate in providing technical assistance, guidance, and training to OES & DRL staff for travel management.
- Responsible for assisting customers with the travel credit cards applications based on defined regulations.
- Plans and organizes small special events and official functions, including but not limited to exhibition openings and celebrations; visits by outside groups, conferences; luncheons, dinners and receptions.
- Work closely with the other Special Events coordinators and The Office of Protocol - plans and decides the approach to be taken for completing some work assignments.
- Designs, plans, and coordinates logistical support of special events.
- Works with event sponsors, providing recommendations and coordinating the guest list, menu planning, the budget, drafting and producing printed materials, space arrangement and equipment needs.
- Monitors the work flow on various special events.
- Designs and develops inter/intranet pages, workflow, portlets, web parts, and other capabilities on the SharePoint 2010 portal.
- Consults and assists departments in re-engineering business process through development and use of the SharePoint intranet portal.
Clearance Requirement -
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.