Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a Subject Matter Expert - Allowances and Differential Policy to provide operational support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Administration, Office of Operations (A/OPR).
Clearance Requirement - Secret or Top Secret
Serves as the Allowances and Differential Policy Subject Matter Expert for the Office of Allowances. Develops administrative guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and internal and external training programs. Updates the Department of State Standardized Regulations (DSSR) to reflect changes in the law. The consultant may also travel on occasion with staff for overseas site visits.
- Provides support to new hire regional Analyst.
- Works in an interagency environment balancing differing agency positions to match overall policy goals.
- Develops and maintains training programs for new employees and trains new hire Regional Analysts.
- Updates SOPs to include but not limited to Rest and Recuperation (R&R) and per diem.
- Overseas travel may be required.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Minimum 10 years of experience developing and coordinating policies, regulations, standards, and procedures to administer the government-wide allowances and benefits program abroad under the Department of State Standardized Regulations (DSSR).
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in an interagency environment balancing differing agency positions to match overall policy goals.
- Demonstrated experience in compiling statistics of living costs abroad, quarters allowances, hardship differentials, and danger pay allowances and computing the established allowances to compensate U.S. Government civilian employees for costs and hardships related to assignments abroad, assisting in the establishment of maximum per diem rates for foreign areas.
- Expert knowledge of the Department of State Standardized Regulations (DSSR) and Foreign Affairs Manual.
- Expertise in the methodology used to update the DSSR to reflect changes in the law.
- Thorough knowledge of the Department of State, A Bureau, and the Office of Allowances processes and procedures.
- Possess skills in oral and written communication in order to work with Department of State legal offices and Office of Allowances personnel.
- Ability to explain the Allowance and Allowances related regulations and train department employees.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- BA/BS required
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.