Kenjya-Trusant is seeking an Construction Project Manager - Level 1 to provide operational support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Administration, Office of Operations (A/OPR).
Clearance Requirement - Secret or Top Secret
Provides construction project management of a single major program or project or multiple projects. Plans, evaluates, and maintains technical surveillance over operations required to support the program/project goals and objectives.
- Maintains an open dialogue with the Department of State (DOS) Stakeholders and Management, particularly in areas relating to schedule slippage, cost issues, conflicts, performance, quality, and all other project issues and concerns. Notifies Management when problems arise and offers possible solutions.
- Reviews, interprets, and checks construction drawings, architectural plans, engineering drawings, and other specifications to ensure compliance; recommends corrective actions if necessary.
- Maintains updated schedule (including Government activities) throughout the course of the construction project.
- Prepares independent cost estimates, as well as monitors and inspects the work in progress to assure that work is being performed as planned and in compliance with contract specifications, safety regulations, and all applicable building codes and standards.
- Coordinates projects from inception to close out and updates project progress activities.
- Acts as liaison between construction contractor, DOS stakeholders, local authorities having jurisdiction, and all parties involved to meet project needs and requirements.
- Coordinates with Facilities Management to ensure that construction activities do not impact other facilities and tenants on site.
- Conducts daily inspections and document and reports progress and issues to Management.
- Coordinates with on-site Diplomatic Security to facilitate contractor’s access to the site.
Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required at start date or must be obtained within 12 months of hiring and kept up to date. Requires Specialized Experience includes:
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Reviewing, interpreting, and checking construction drawings, architectural plans, engineering drawings, and other specifications to ensure compliance, recognize errors, ambiguities, or omissions and provide corrective recommendations.
- Inspecting construction techniques, procedures, standards, and materials to ensure construction is performed in accordance with applicable plans and specifications.
- Applying quality control and quality assurance practices and procedures to construction projects and applying test procedures and equipment.
- Applying safety practices and procedures to construction projects.
- Developing and applying construction scheduling techniques, monitoring project progress, identifying causes for delays, and developing and taking corrective action.
- Managing financial elements of a construction project, such as monitoring construction project costs, reviewing and certifying contractor requests for progress payments, forecasting total construction costs, and managing budgets.
- Analyzing and negotiating pending contract change orders, potential or actual claims, and acceptable cost and time settlements.
- Applying computer software to construction project management and fiscal control.
- Recognizing impending problems, developing options for action, and recommending solutions.
- Preparing and delivering presentations and reports on project status and recommendations.
- Demonstrating effective verbal and written communications skills with technical and non-technical personnel to provide guidance and instruction related to facilitating the acquisition process (i.e., justifying, negotiating, and resolving controversial issues and problems).
- At least three (3) years’ Specialized Experience in the last 10 years, working in the field on major vertical construction projects (i.e., multi-story buildings; large-scale residential and commercial developments; or warehouses)
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.