Kenjya-Trusant is seeking an Architect/General Engineer to provide operational support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Administration, Office of Operations (A/OPR).
Clearance Requirement - Secret or Top Secret
Provides expertise, advisement, coordination, and recommendations on all phases of project development and implementation in direct support of the Bureau of Administration, Office of Operations (A/OPR). Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME), advise on architectural designs, project planning, space planning, building code analysis and compliance, and construction design reviews and oversight.
- Advises on the development and implementation comprehensive project schedules in MS Project including linkages, clusters and time sequencing and the presentation, review and tracking of approved project(s) changes and manages the production of updated schedules.
- Develops and/or reviews planning documents; reviews design concepts and detailed designs; conducts ADA building code compliance evaluations.
- Develops project budgets and independent cost estimates (ICEs) for projects; scopes of work (SOWs), cost benefit analysis; design life cycle cost estimates; and conducts technical and feasibility studies.
- Plans and coordinates a multidisciplinary project team, assists in the procurement of appropriate services by developing SOWs and ICEs for AE services, and negotiating with AE firms to satisfy project staffing requirements.
- Works closely with the key stakeholders in planning complex, high priority special projects involving A/OPR; coordinates the involvement of architectural, civil/structural, and specialty disciplines; and provides support in project planning, review, bid, and construction phases.
- Meets with all levels of DoS management to discuss project scheduling, project implementation and project management.
- Participate and present in briefings and presentations to senior management on project status.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Architectural Engineering, or related degree with focus in facilities management. GPA of at least a 3.0 on a 4-point scale is preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required at start date or must be obtained within 12 months of hiring and kept up to date.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience applying substantive expertise in a facilities project with an emphasis in facilities project planning, resource scheduling, cost monitoring, task assignment and timeline management, as well as project management experience.
- Must have knowledge of FAR Regulations and experience with LEED and sustainable design and construction.
- Mastery of project management concepts, methods, and best practices to provide expert guidance to A/OPR in meeting short- and long-term operational requirements and in developing plans that optimize operational efficiency and effectiveness in the assigned project management and support area.
- Mastery of the full range of principles, concepts, methods, and practices in project management required to oversee the planning and execution of operations and to ensure coordination with other related activities.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong analytic skills.
- Thorough knowledge of building codes, Americans with Disabilities (ADA) requirements, and working knowledge of information technology, mechanical, electrical or communication systems.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.