Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a Space Planner/Designer - Autocad/IWMS to provide operational support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Administration, Office of Operations (A/OPR).
Clearance Requirement - Secret or Top Secret
Conducts surveys, analyzes functions, determines individual office requirements for specific office space, analyzes requirements for space alterations for telephone outlets, computer outlets, furniture, and equipment layouts. Responsible for producing accurate design plans utilizing the CAD Computer drafting system and preparing recommendations for specific design plans. Prepares reports and presentations on high level projects for review by senior level management. Reviews, analyzes, and develops methods to improve the accuracy, adequacy, timelines, and validity of data for dissemination to managers at all levels. Assists program managers in developing strategies for meeting space planning goals and objectives.
- Participates in engineering surveys and initiating, formulating, and adapting design plans, and specifications.
- Initiates professional application of the physical sciences, pertinent calculations, and sound judgment in compliance with existing directives, codes and precedents for new construction, modifications or alterations, additions to existing buildings, utility systems and building service equipment.
- Provides original detailed drawings utilizing resident AutoCAD computer system to provide the finished product.
- Prepares drawings, layouts, and plans for proposed additions, improvements, alterations, modification, and equipment installations, utilizing written specifications, photographs, sketches, models, stairways, platforms, structures, drainage patterns, plumbing, heating, air conditioning and electric systems.
- Prepares cost of materials, equipment, labor and maintains a database to determine cost trends in the local construction market.
- Prepares space programs, space planning, design sketches, and project management of renovation projects.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- 2 Years of relevant experience
- Proficient with AutoCAD.
- AutoCAD training certification, equivalent technical trade school certification, or relevant Associates degree and relevant experience. Proficient with IWMS.
- Must be able to draw using CAD from extensive existing file of floor plans, design drawings, and schematics for construction and renovation projects.
- Knowledge of GSA construction standards to accurately interpret drawings, specification, and schematics for renovation and construction projects.
- Experience creating design layouts and reports to present to executive leadership using Auto Computer Aided Design (CAD) and preparing drawings of utility systems, roadways, parking lots, and landscaping in addition to structural requirements.
- Experience in utilizing use Archibus and Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) applications.
- Experience developing activation spreadsheets for each project, plan procurement obligations, budgets, and resource requirements to activate new facilities.
- Experience in analyzing equipment requirements and how to integrate functions with appropriate capabilities of existing systems; as well as identifying building infrastructure requirements for equipment installation and provide to architect/engineering firms to be included in all design and construction documents.
- BA/BS degree in architectural engineering may be accepted as satisfying in full the basic Level I requirements.
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.