Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a Realty Specialist to provide operational support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Administration, Office of Operations (A/OPR).
Clearance Requirement - Secret or Top Secret
Prepares recommendations and policy proposals regarding all aspects of land acquisition, including transfers of military property, prospectus-level leases and legal authorities relating to the ability of DoS to acquire and develop real property. Works directly with the Division Chief and Office Director in the short and long-range planning for immediate and projected space requirements, including prospectus development, drafting of use permits and licenses, assignment memos, scopes of work and other technical documents.
- Assists in the planning, direction, coordination, implementation, and administration of DoS projects related to the acquisition, termination, construction, renovation, repair, and management of real property.
- Serves as a principal contact and liaison with GSA, the military, state and local agencies and the private sector.
- Develops housing plans, point papers, options and briefing documents reflecting all relevant issues.
- Researches, analyzes and evaluates interrelated work activities, programs, and management practices to effectively monitor and manage a project.
- Share information for all activities that affect rent and/or portfolio projections with appropriate RPM staff. Keep IRPMS as accurate as possible given knowledge at the time (i.e., providing guesstimate future rental rates when location is TBD).
- Develops standards and guidance for the improvement of lease procurement practices and methodologies, and innovative financial arrangements and performs all aspects of cost and price analyses to develop negotiation positions for lease realty projects and assigned broader customer needs involving integrated workplace solutions.
- Develops and evaluates new policies, methods, techniques, or criteria. Advises on the interpretation and implementation of new and/or revised procedures.
- Provides analytical, technical, consultative, and/or strategic business support to stakeholders and customers during project planning and throughout the lease procurement and space delivery process.
- Provides critical analyses of issues and required procedural recommendations to management officials in formulating decisions regarding changing responsibilities or business needs, as well as in the design/development and evaluation of ongoing and/or new program issues.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- PMP certification is required at start date or must be obtained within 12 months of hiring and kept up to date. Additionally, three (3) years of specialized experience which includes (a) interpreting and applying laws, regulations and policies associated with real estate acquisitions and managing federal real estate projects, (b) performing the full range of real estate functions including lease acquisition, lease policy development, lease process improvement, lease project management, and lease systems implementation; (c) progressive experience in planning the scope and direction of acquisition and disposition programs. This experience must include the following:
- Managing, planning, developing, organizing, administering, and coordinating one or more complex real estate programs.
- Analyzing acquisition projects to determine real estate requirements and researching deeds and public records to determine ownership.
- Demonstrated experience assisting others with analyzing and applying real estate policies and procedures to include a basic understanding of plat mapping, and legal descriptions to include metes and bounds, rectangular survey, and lot and block.
- Skill in analyzing the effects of alternatives on program performance and mission accomplishment.
- Knowledge of real estate principles, policies, and methodologies.
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.