Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a Space Management Coordinator to provide operational support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Administration, Office of Operations (A/OPR).
Clearance Requirement - Secret or Top Secret
Support the planning and policy development for the effective and economical use of space assignment projects of the Department of State’s domestic real property management portfolio.
PMP certification is required at start date or must be obtained within 12 months of hiring and kept up to date. Additionally, two (2) years of specialized experience that demonstrates ability in:
- Develops procedures, techniques. and methods to resolve space problems in both government-owned and government-leased facilities.
- Participates in the development of standardize procedures for implementing uniform Department wide policies for renovations.
- Compiles and maintains space allocation and utilization records and conducts space surveys to determine utilization; implements actions, as required, to ensure the full and efficient use of assigned space.
- Facilitates Department of State (DoS) offices in vacating space; plans and executes furniture reuse and disposal.
- Organizes and maintains space assignment records and floor plans for an office and provides key officials with feedback regarding office layouts, office workflow and organizational relationships.
- Conducts walkthroughs, meetings, and conference calls.
- Works closely with the General Services Administration, Contractors, Department Officials at all levels within the other offices and bureaus.
- Coordinates with Facilities Management to ensure that construction activities do not impact other facilities and tenants on site. Coordinates with on-site Diplomatic Security to facilitate contractor’s access to the site.
- Conducts daily inspections and document and report progress and issues to the RPM Construction Manager.
- Ensures that existing space and future projects are in compliance with specific federal regulations, fire, life safety, and employees with disabilities requirements.
- Developing guidance on space policy
- Resolving space acquisition issues for new construction projects, renovations, and relocations.
- Developing long-term space management strategies such as space leasing and customer requirements
- Managing programs and budget processes to plan within budget limits and legal requirements.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Providing expert guidance on the utilization and design of space and real property; and determines space requirements for a large organization.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of federal regulations, fire, life safety, Americans with Disabilities (ADA) requirements.
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.