Kenjya-Trusant is seeking an Economic Analyst to provide support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA), Visa Services Directorate (VO).
Clearance Requirement - Secret (may require Top Secret)
- Bachelor’s Degree (advanced degree preferred), and;
- At least 9 years of experience in analysis, including, interpreting economic, geographical, and socioeconomic trends and data, including:
- At least 4 years of specialized experience utilizing specialized business intelligence and analytics software such as Qlik and/or Tableau, including:
- Experience utilizing a variety of office software, including: Microsoft (MS) Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, MS Share Point, and MS Outlook.
- Expert at applying economic theory and knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to study data and statistics and use understanding of economic relationships to uncover trends and forecast data
- Demonstrated ability to draft advanced-level reports and graphics in MS Excel
- Superior writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Ability to perform cumbersome tasks, such as, repetitively reviewing disparate and ad hoc data in lists
- Ability to work independently and/or as a member of the team to effectively interact with personnel at all levels
The Economic Analyst provides support to the Visa Office while assigned to the Office of the Executive Director, Post Analysis and Support Division (CA/EX/PAS). The Economic Analyst provides analysis for visa-related data and information for high-level Government staff. This position is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in data analysis; tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Compile and comprehend a vast amount of visa metrics and provide specialized advice based on the application of economic theory and knowledge.
- Prepare and present information on consular functions overseas, including workload and resource data, management controls, and staffing allocations.
- Provide various analyses that affect allocation of resources at consular sections around the world.
- Study data and statistics and use an understanding of economic relationships to uncover and report trends.
- Perform a considerable amount of research and amass large amounts of information.
- Recognize indicators that affect the visa process and forecast data.
- Examine data in order to assess the feasibility of various scenarios.
- Produce forecasts based on historical information and plausible trends.
- Assist with determining the staffing needs of resources abroad.
- Determine the implications of analysis and findings through formal reports.
- Make recommendations of ways to improve the efficiency of the forecasting process.
- Prepare complex data reports, letters, and briefings using specialized software.
- Apply an advanced use of Microsoft (MS) Excel, including macros, advanced formulas, charting, and lists.
- Use advanced business analysis and statistical software to present future analyses that include sophisticated, valuable visual displays of data for improved decision-making about allocation of resources.
- Advise CA, VO, and other government agencies.
- May be assigned special projects.
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.