Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a Visa Liaison Officer to provide support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA), Visa Services Directorate (VO).
Clearance Requirement - Secret (may require Top Secret)
SPECIALIZED EXEPERIENCE (IF APPLICABLE):
- Bachelor’s Degree (advanced degree preferred), and;
- At least 4 years of written and oral communications in an office environment, including;
- At least 2 years of policy development, international relations, legal, and/or foreign service, including;
- Four (4) years of experience utilizing a variety of office software, specifically: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS SharePoint, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- For positions supporting VO/F/P, required experience must include 1 year of specialized experience communicating effectively and confidently across organizations.
- (Preferred) knowledge and understanding of the laws, rules and regulations pertaining to eligibility for and issuance of a U.S. visa
- Ability to learn and recall information about visa application procedures and the laws and regulations pertaining to visa requirements
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and effectively communicate with a wide audience with excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to comprehend and communicate the requirements for a visa in a professional and courteous manner both over the telephone and in-person
- Ability to maintain composure and objectivity in stressful situations and in dealing with multiple inquiries
- Communicate effectively and confidently with high-level executives
- Superior organizational skills and work ethic
- Manage projects at an HQ level
- Effectively and politely interface with public
- Interpret and apply complex regulatory material
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team to effectively interact with personnel at all levels
- Ability to learn new systems and applications
The Visa Liaison Officer provides support to the Government by performing information functions, analysis, policy development, and accountability functions and prepares letters, reports and specialized correspondence with high attention to detail and accuracy. The contractor may be assigned to any of the VO offices. A Government manager will provide day-to-day oversight and direction. The Visa Liaison Officer shall perform all duties including, but not limited to, the following:
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Manage individual portfolios by region and/or policy issue. The Government Managers assign portfolios and may change subjects or portfolios as required.
- Conduct research on visa cases and policy issues by gathering information from a variety of sources, including but not limited to: visa applications, supporting documents, the internet, telephone calls, and government, commercial, FAM, and open source databases. Write recommended findings in a clear and concise manner that summarizes the information gathered and identified during research.
- Manage approval and clearance process of documents or deliverables independently.
- Draft complex correspondence, regulations, reports, and other documents for internal and external use.
- Participate in consular outreach activities including, but not limited to: travel shows, professional meetings and conferences, and university events, and interagency meetings.
- Utilize phone and email to resolve questions with applicants and others.
- Data enter and look up files as required.
- Answer and resolve inquiries from consular officers, visa applicants and their representatives or agents.
- Assist the Government with Congressional, Headquarters, and White House inquiries, complaints, and service issues.
- Liaise in-person, via email, and phone with embassies, consulates, and other high-level foreign country personnel.
- Assist in training Visa Assistants, Specialists, and other new staff members in the essential job functions, helping to constantly improve the training processes and procedures.
- Provide support for special projects, including, but not limited to, support for conferences, meetings, representational events or bilateral delegations.
- Serve as back-up to the other liaison officers in their absence as designated.
- Available for telework when allowable and requested by Government Managers.
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.