The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking a Senior Fire Protection Engineer
to provide support to AFCEC/CFTP onsite at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland, TX.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Provide technical expertise to the Government in the implementation of all aspects of the Fire Protection Program at deployed locations within AFCEC/CFTP AOR.
- Support research, design, operations maintenance, plan reviews, and facility construction management activities related to fire/life safety related systems/features across the AFCEC/CFTP AOR where Air Force construction projects are conducted.
- Support AFCEC/CFTP’s comprehensive fire prevention & protection program designed to reduce the threat of fire & related perils to life, missions, property, and the environment, while complying with Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Criteria, International Building Codes (IBC), Technical Implementation Guides (TIG’s).
- Be the AFCEC/CFTP Fire Protection Engineer (FPE) focal point for Air Force projects and/or Civil Engineer missions, to include providing subject matter expertise to deployed units and fire departments.
- Perform facility inspections as required by Director of Installations.
- Support and implement policies as required.
- Develop training and support system for Fire Protection and Prevention.
- Attend Seminars, workshops, and conferences, as required to stay proficient and expand knowledge of fire protection/prevention techniques or procedures.
- Evaluate AFCEC/CFTP Fire Departments for compliance related to Fire Protection and Prevention.
- Experience and working knowledge of the following programs and systems within the last five (5) years: Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access).
- Experience supporting day-to-day operations, reviewing Statements of Work (SOW) or construction modification plans, reviewing as built or designed drawings, and performing technical support for areas of interest beyond traditional fire protection responsibilities (e.g. occupational safety, project management, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience interpreting and implementing DoD, state, federal, and consensus standards.
- Experience performing, and/or reviewing, scheduled Fire Protection Engineering Assessments (FPEAs) and/or Fire Hazards Analyses (FHAs) in alignment with DoD requirements.
- Knowledge and experience developing project-specific fire protection design criteria and associated specifications.
- Experience identifying risks with the ability to recommend solutions that balance compliance with research needs.
- Prior experience interpreting requirements and implementing associated safeguards to mitigate risk associated with the use, handling, and storage of hazardous materials.
- Prior experience serving on support teams and/or special projects.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Fire Protection Engineering or Fire Protection Engineering Technology is required.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience within the last twenty (20) years.
- Professional Engineer license in Fire Protection Engineering is Required.
- Knowledge of computer fire modeling (e.g. CFAST, FDS), is a PLUS.
- Strong writing skills and be capable of effectively operating as a member of an engineering or joint discipline planning team.
- Strong briefing skills and be capable of effective communication.
- Membership in the Society of Fire Protection Engineers and/or the National Fire Protection Association is preferred.
- Successful completion of a T-1 Trustworthiness background check for a Common Access Card (CAC), or the ability to obtain one.
- Motivated self-starters requested.