POSITION: System Engineer - Level II
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying); No CCAs accepted
Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications. Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities. Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies. Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology. Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations. Develops technical documentation. Develops system Architecture and system design documentation. Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans. Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts. Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility. Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
Required Individual Qualifications:
- Develop and document JIRA Sites, workflows, components, custom forms, metrics, data sharing portals, and navigation using out-of-the-box user facing features and components
- Develop and document Confluence master pages, child pages, templates, widget, metrics, and histograms from varying sources using out-of-the-box user facing features and components
- Develop and document new targeting strategies and mission processes to improve targeting and secure data sharing, supported by technical diagrams, process and workflow descriptions and technical documentation
- Define near term and long-term improvements for remodeling targeting tools for greater compliance fidelity
- Document and track targeting risks and issues
- Develop and maintain strategic plans and milestone tracking for targeting projects; propose tasks to support efficiency, modernization or advancement of targeting objectives; document and communicate targeting projects efficiently to a wide range of stakeholders
- Develop, sustain and manage JIRA and Confluence content and manage other communications mediums used to convey status, metrics and socialization of targeting activities
- Author technical documentation to support targeting legacy and modernization initiatives, to include CONOPs, strategy documents, business plans, technology/modernization road maps, transition plans
- Create and maintain project documentation, presentations, tracking, tasking etc. in Microsoft Word SharePoint, Excel, and PowerPoint
- No travel is anticipated in the performance of this task.
Required Technical Skills:
- Fourteen (14) years' experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- In lieu of a degree, five (5) years of additional system engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- Strong understanding of JIRA and Confluence applications
- Good understanding of the SIGINT lifecycle
- Experience in developing Strategic Plans, capability level, functional, interface and requirements
- Experience in defining and modeling business processes and workflows and identifying mechanisms and approaches for process improvement and/or automation
- Minimum one (1) year experience in developing and managing JIRA projects and Confluence pages
- Experience and strong user level competence in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Expert working knowledge or experience with SharePoint and Atlassian suite products (especially JIRA and Confluence)
- Experience with or knowledge of SIGINT workflow
- Experience with or knowledge of targeting, dataflow or related mission systems
- Basic understanding of metadata tagging, ‘smartdata’ as it relates to cloud related technologies
- Understanding of or experience working with external IC or foreign partners in a SIGINT environment
Knowledge of general distributed processing methodology, cloud-based architectures and technology, and organizational development and design
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.