The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking a System Engineer Level III to support an existing contract in the Fort Meade, MD area.
Clearance Requirement - Active TS/SCI with polygraph
Provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of all components of complex PKI hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management.
- Create documentation including authorization memorandums, Certificate Practice Statements, Certificate Policies, Cross-Certification Arrangements, key transfer and equipment move approvals. Develop and update policies for interoperability with DoD, federal, industry and partner nations for PKI enabled devices and applications. Understand ITAR requirements and actively work with CACI export control to stay in compliance.
- Assist in audits, resolve discrepancies, evaluate results, create POA&Ms, evaluate audit reports.
- Conduct and/or approve end-to-end system trade analyses to optimize PKI Root Certification Authority operations over its life-cycle through the proper balance of risk and security.
- Recommend courses of actions to government personnel. Experience interacting with senior-level government executives. Serve as a member of the Configuration Control Board (CCB). Participate and provide support to the government representatives at DoD, federal and international working group meetings.
- Develop PKI solutions for various projects. Support mobility, commercial solutions for classified, unmanned aircraft vehicles, RCVS, NPE, TMS, token development as well as other programs involving PKI. Interact with key personal to understand and explain details of those solutions.
- Maintain knowledge of current and evolving agency, national, and international standards applicable to the system development of interest. Apply and enforce use of suitable standards to ensure consistency and interoperability of developer hardware and software.
- Participate in algorithm migrations, cybersecurity evaluations and threat analysis.
- Develop system design alternatives that consider life cycle cost, reuse, complexity, risk, system expansion, and growth.
- Provide support to security authorization activities in compliance with the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, and prescribed NSA/CSS business processes for security engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
The Level 3 System Engineer (SE) shall possess the following capabilities:
- Twenty (20) years’ experience as a SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts is required
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.
- Contribute to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s) – Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), etc.
- Coordinate the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination