POSITION: Systems Administrator - Level 3
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
Perform Lab Manager duties to develop, build, install, configure, and maintain a stand-alone Government research and development laboratory. This laboratory comprises the network infrastructure, servers (both physical and virtual), and workstations needed to support mission requirements. Operating systems in use include several flavors of Linux, Windows, and OS X. Hardware includes: Dell servers, switches, network attached storage arrays, and tape drives; Symantec backup appliance; Cisco switches; Apple workstations; and custom built workstations.
- Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manages the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provides Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Optimizes system operations and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning
- Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Provides in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Configures and manages UNIX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Provides detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
- Supports the design of systems, mission architecture and associated hardware
MINIMUM Education and Experience Requirements:
- Directs and possess a working knowledge and understand of system administration interdependencies as part of the Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Analyzes and resolves complex problems associated with server hardware, applications and software integration
- Fifteen (15) years' experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional five (5) years of system administration experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree
REQUIRED Technical Skills:
- The incumbent candidate must possess a Security + CE certification or higher at time of application.
- Extensive experience with Cisco networking components and technology
- Experience in planning, designing and implementing network architectures or major network architecture upgrades
- Experience installing, configuring, optimizing and securing network components
- Knowledge of systems and network security, auditing, and user authentication
- Exhibited ability to build, configure, and maintain hardware components of laboratory or operational system
- Knowledge and experience of VMWare and virtual environments; proven ability to install and configure virtual servers and clients, using various operating systems, as mission needs dictate
- Experience administering VMware products and Cisco IOS
- Experience supporting the overall day-to-day management of a lab network and in-depth troubleshooting of a lab network
- Experience in documenting processes and procedures to be used by network and system administrators, engineers and technical personnel
PREFERRED Technical Skills (desired but not mandatory):
- Experience in developing and maintaining virtualized network infrastructure
- Experience in at least 2 of the following: Dell & HP servers, NetApp storage arrays, blade centers, tape back systems, Apple workstations
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.