The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking a Junior Business and Financial Operations Specialist (Travel Execution)
to support the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate Office of Finance and Budget Division (FBD) Travel Operations, Policy and Support Program (TOPS).The TOPS primary goals are to: Improve the overall travel experience for the Federal Traveler, Improve fiscal oversight of S&T travel activity and operations, support the Secretary’s Travel Efficiency Initiative which targets the elimination of non-mission critical travel, the reduction of travel costs, and implements streamlined processes that document these cost savings and improve communications and policy awareness related to the conduct of official travel.
POSITION: Junior Business and Financial Operations Specialist (Travel Execution)
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
- Prepare a manual and electronic Travel Authorizations (TA) and Expense Report Requests submitted by program office travelers and invitational travelers conducting travel on behalf of a program office for both domestic and international travel.
- Submit and monitor Emergency Ticketing Requests.
- Submit and monitor Centrally Billed Account Use Requests.
- Maintain and review travel card status/balance/credit limit information in bank system as necessary to carry out travel support functions.
- Provide guidance to travelers regarding execution of appropriated funds through the charge card program in accordance with Federal Travel Regulations and departmental policies.
- Establish and maintain a task tracking system to ensure business/programmatic actions items and suspense dates are maintained.
- Post action items and suspense dates on tracking system in a SharePoint-type environment.
- Ensure staff has access to current processes and procedures via a SharePoint-type environment.
- Ensure processes and procedures reflect industry best practices for centralized travel support services and are compliant with the latest guidance provided by the department.
- Work with functional specialists, automation specialists, contractors, vendors, and clients to effectively translate the client’s requirements into an automated application.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Up to 3 years relevant experience in Travel Operations and Policy.
- Experience in preparing manual and electronic travel authorizations and expense reports.