POSITION: Software Engineer - Level 1
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH (minimum of a CI poly, FSP preferred)
The technical SWE1 (Software Engineer 1) will support the Government and Contractor Team in the Annapolis Junction, MD area.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least seven (7) years of experience as a Software Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, tyle, and complexity is required.
- In lieu of a Bachelor's Degree, four (4) years of additional SWE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree, for a combined total of eleven (11) years' experience.
REQUIRED INDIVIDUAL SKILLS & CAPABILITIES:
- Experience using HTML, Visual Basic, or other web-based programming languages.
- Position requires a TS/SCI clearance with full polygraph
- Ability to use a variety of internet technologies, techniques and tools such as graphics software applications and object-oriented languages (e.g. Java, CGI, Visual Basic, HTML, XML) to enrich SharePoint elements.
- Write and maintain website technical documentation to assist with website maintenance and upgrades
- Experience with WordPress software is a plus.
- Ability to analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and reliability of applications
- Ability to think holistically
- Self-starting individual
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.