The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking an Unmanned Ariel System (UAS) Airworthiness Engineer to assist the government with the review, development, and implementation of USSOCOM and USAF Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (SUAS) airworthiness policy and procedures. Develop Airworthiness Safety Releases (ASRs) in support of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Certificates of Waiver or Authorization (COA) applications. Provide subject matter expertise and briefings on SUAS capabilities, limitations, and airworthiness documentation required to obtain FAA COAs.
ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering is required. Education may be substituted with five (5) years or more of relevant experience
- Knowledge of MIL-HDBK-516, Airworthiness Certification Criteria and MIL-STD 882, Standard Practice for System Safety, and Air Force Instruction 62-601, Developmental Engineering –USAF Airworthiness
- Experience with authoring airworthiness policy and procedures
- Experience in Small UAS (DoD Groups 1 –3) risk analysis and mitigations is highly desired
- Maintain the AFSOC Airworthiness Safety Release (ASR) programming support of UAS statements of airworthiness for Air Force UAS Groups 1, 2, & 3 systems.This includes reviewing the AFSOC Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) document,checklists for units requesting an ASR,and flowcharts that support airworthiness evaluation reviews.
- Assist in facilitating with USAF UAS cyber security exemptions, to include aiding units using the USAF UAS cyber exemption SharePoint site.
- Assist AFSOC/A3OU with informing AFSOC leadership on counter-unmanned aircraft systems (C-UAS) efforts. Performance includes attending, coordinating, and conducting USAF/SOCOM C-UAS meetings, C-UAS testing/demo events, research and analysis, and providing/developing briefings associated with C-UAS efforts.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!