This Opportunity is in BID status. Estimated award and start of contract is 3rd Quarter 2020
POSITION: Administrative Assistant
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: May require ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance
EDUCATION REQUIREMENT: AA/AS
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: 8 years
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction Office (CWMD) component within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) focused on providing day-to-day office administrative support services.
Position require may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Answer telephones, record messages, forward calls, and respond appropriately to inquiries. Assist staff with follow-up phone calls on outstanding actions.
- Schedule, coordinate, and provide support for meetings, program reviews, events, interviews, appointments, and other similar activities.
- Research, draft, edit, and facilitate timely responses to a variety of written inquiries as well as executive or other priority correspondence that requires immediate response. Track incoming and outgoing correspondence, coordinating responses within established deadlines, review and edit work products, prepare files for circulations, monitor progress, and maintain files (hard copy and electronic). Ensure correspondence and accompanying documents comply with DHS correspondence standards.
- Draft, edit, and facilitate timely responses to a variety of routine written inquiries as well as executive or other priority correspondence that requires immediate response. Track incoming and outgoing correspondence, alerting responsible parties of tasking and ensuring coordination within established deadlines, review and edit work products, prepare files for circulation, monitor progress, and maintain files (hard copy and electronic). Ensure correspondence and accompanying documents comply with DHS correspondence standards, policy, and procedures.
- Use software programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and project management applications, to perform agency-specific administrative tasks.
- Prepare or assist with the preparation of scheduled narrative reports and other PowerPoint presentations.
- Facilitate the passage of security clearances, foreign visitor requests, and other unique processing requirements as needed for staff, government officials, and media representatives to the office, CWMD activity sites, or other location.
- Prepare or assist with the preparation of scheduled and ad hoc statistical and narrative reports and PowerPoint presentations.
- Establish, maintain, and update files, databases, records, and other documents; develop and maintain data, and perform routine data entry, analyses, and calculations in the processing of information for ad hoc and recurring reports.
- Perform records management duties in accordance with DHS policy.
- Copy, collate, and assemble various documentation in-house and support documentation preparation by external vendors as needed.
- Coordinate with the CWMD travel office and federal staff (as requested) in preparation of travel documents including Travel Authorizations and Vouchers.
- Coordinate with the CWMD Security the passage of security clearances, foreign visitor requests, and other unique processing requirements as needed for staff, Government officials, and media representatives to the office, CWMD activity sites, or other locations.
- Perform basic gathering, analysis, and forecasting for data calls and reports.
- Assist with office supply management, analyzing standard office needs, researching sources of supply, and notifying appropriate staff in advance when supplies are required.
- Assist with the planning, organization, and production of CWMD sponsored meetings, special events, seminars, and programs.
- Maintain division’s personnel performance management files and support managers with related tasks (due dates, tracking, filing, responding to human capital personnel, etc.)
- Notify human capital of any pending staff changes and serve as a liaison for personnel or training actions. Maintain records of directorate’s training requests and completed attendance of training.
- Serve as liaison with Facilities Division regarding and facilities-related needs of directorate, including space, furniture, property, and safety. Serve as representative on Occupant Emergency Planning team.
- Sort, screen, review, and distribute incoming and outgoing division mail.