POSITION: Systems Engineer (Software Defined Radio Framework)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with POLYGRAPH (minimum of a CI poly, FSP preferred)
The Senior Systems Engineer will provide support to customer’s REDHAWK Software Defined Radio (SDR) Open Source Development Framework effort by interacting with the Sensor Open Systems Architectures (SOSA) community and other military service REDHAWK end-users to facilitate adoption and integration of REDHAWK framework into RF/SIGINT systems. The System Engineer will also work with stakeholders to evaluate RF Framework SDR software (REDHAWK) for its applicability to perform front-end control of non-SIGINT radio systems. The individual will be expected to quickly develop a comprehensive knowledge of REDHAWK-related products and their employment in other RF/SIGINT systems. The System Engineer will assist or chair various meetings/working groups to standardize software architectures within SOSA.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline from an accredited college or university, plus a minimum of fifteen (15) years of general systems engineering experience OR
- A Master’s degree in a qualified engineering field or a related discipline from an accredited college or university plus thirteen (13) years of general systems engineering experience OR
- A High School Diploma or GED plus nineteen (19) years of general system engineering experience would also be acceptable.
REQUIRED INDIVIDUAL SKILLS & CAPABILITIES:
- Familiarity with Software Development
- A strong working knowledge of RF/SIGINT, especially the employment of SDR based systems
- Ability to effectively represent customer at technical forums and working groups
DESIRED INDIVIDUAL SKILLS & CAPABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the REDHAWK highly desired
- Previous experience in SIGINT collection would be helpful, but not required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.