POSITION: Deployment & Integration Systems Engineer - Level 3
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is looking for a highly motivated Lead System Engineer with at least three (3) years of experience in the cyber security field to lead a Deployment and New Technology Team (DNTT), which is part of a premier cyber defense capability protecting the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Department of Defense Information Networks (DoDIN). Responsibilities include:
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Serve as Lead Network Engineer in charge of solving networking break fixes as well as future improvements
- Lead evaluation and deployment of equipment such as Gigamon
- Lead numerous system upgrades that included networking, storage and servers.
- Lead WAN deployments to DISA sites worldwide.
- Design and setup networks from the user level to the commercial line configuring and troubleshooting.
- Lead system engineer responsible for the design and implementation of specialized infrastructure used to support mobile platform development initiatives. Collaborated with other team members on design requirements to ensure overall system functionality.
- Lead system engineer responsible for all collaboration and mail services hosted within a fully accredited DoD proof-of-concept system. Managed multiple aspects of system operation and maintenance, with the assistance of COTS based enterprise-management tools, as appropriate. Responsible for daily tasking of a sub-contractor for O&M functions.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining a medium sized Active Directory domain with users and computers including a Domain Controller, File Server, and Backup Server.
- Responsible troubleshooting all hardware and software failures on workstations, servers and printers.
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of the following software: Microsoft Windows 7 Pro, Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008R2, RedHat Enterprise Linux, Centos, Ubuntu, VMware ESX 4.0, Citrix XenServer, Opsview.
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of the following hardware devices: Cisco Firewalls/Routers/Switches, Juniper Firewalls/Routers, HP Proliant Servers, HP BladesSystems C3000 & C7000, Avocent Cyclades Terminal Server, Dell Poweredge Servers
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of the following software: Microsoft Windows 7 Pro, Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2, RedHat Enterprise Linux, Strongswan VPN, Kamailio SIP Server, Zimbra Collaboration Server, VMware ESX 5.0, Syncsort BEX, Tivoli Endpoint Manager, Rancid, Cisco ACS 5.2, Windows Server 2008R2 Enterprise Certificate Authorities.
- Responsible for configuring and maintaining all aspects of the system to include Linux, Windows, Networking, VMware.
- Installed and configured a Cisco Flexpod which includes Cisco Nexus 5548, UCS6120 and NetApp FAS3210.
- Configure and implement devices such as Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco ASA Firewalls, Routers and switches (2911, 3750, 3800/3900, 7600 series, and Nexus 5548).
- Review and analyze current networks to determine where improvements can be made to increase IT efficiencies and security.
- Research and test new emerging technologies and determine where we can use them in our current networks as well as any new networks.
- Create and maintain network and rack diagrams, as well as system documentation.
- Use ghost to create and deploy current images to desktops.
- Perform administration configuration changes to Cisco Routers/Switches and installed OpenBSD, FreeBSD, and Microsoft Windows 2000/XP operating systems.
- Assist in the set-up of the network infrastructure and performed troubleshooting of basic hardware and software problems within an intranet of Windows and UNIX-based platform systems.
- Fabricate and terminate cat5 cables, patches panels, and tested and repaired faulty connections.
- Perform maintenance upgrades for certain software and hardware Intel systems.
- Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science or a related field, from an accredited college or university.
- Twelve (12) years of experience in security systems engineering development, technologies, and methodologies.
- A Bachelor's degree can be applied towards four (4) years of the required experience, for a total of eight (8) years' experience.
- A Master's degree can be applied towards six (6) years of the required experience, for a total of six (6) years of experience.
- An Associate's degree can be applied towards two (2) years of the required experience, for a total of ten (10) years' experience.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of team work and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.