POSITION: Software Engineer - Level 2
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities:
- The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
- Works individually or as part of a team.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolves software problem reports.
- Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
Minimum Required Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree, for a combined total of eighteen (18) years' experience.
- Fourteen (14) years' experience with bachelor's degree, Eighteen (18) years of experience without degree supporting programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required
Knowledge, Skills and Capabilities:
- Ability to oversee one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource or interface constraints. Perform quality control on team products.
- Confer with system and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met.
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules). The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.