The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking a System Engineer Level 3 to support an existing contract in the Annapolis Junction area.
Level 3 Qualifications:
POSITION: Systems Engineer Level 3
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with Polygraph
The Level 3 System Engineer shall have knowledge and experience per the following:
- Understanding of knowledge of: Exploitation of ELINT, FISNET, Proforma, and communications Externals (COMEXT) together with COMINT to support weapons and space programs and military operations (TECHSIGINT).
- TechSIGINT analysis across the Defense Intelligence Elements and FVEY partners.
- Application of common data standards, analytics, automation, data science, and transition away from stove-piped and legacy TechSIGINT tools and technologies to corporate architecture as it relates to “INT” disciplines.
- Analytic Capabilities and Architecture Development in regard to corporate storage and knowledge-bases to store waveform vs evaluated content/ metadata and target vs signals knowledge.
- Knowledge of Signals Analysis and the Signals Analysis Platforms that support the SIGINT tools (ELINT, FISINT, PROFORMA, COMINT).
- Ability to establish interfaces with cloud warehouses.
- Understanding of “INT” Analytics 1) Machine- Driven Triage 2) Time Sensitive Analytics, and 3) Historical/ Trend Analytics.
- Understanding the Infrastructure from a standpoint of incorporation streaming analytic hosting platforms to support the Tech SIGINT enterprise.
- Knowledge of Data Tagging – Ensure data is properly tagged to maintain field precision, accuracy and intent of signals intelligence through data transformation. To be successful, this must be iterative and parallel to all of the development activities (from the sensors to the analytics, etc.).
- Provides technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of all components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
- Develops comprehensive SOA solutions
- Develops operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable DODAF standards
- Conducts and/or approves end-to-end system trade analyses to optimize system operations over its life- cycle through the proper balance of non-functional system performance areas
- Improves standard integration strategies based upon rationale for previous decisions that resulted in improved integration performance
- Fully defines interfaces in terms of origination, destination, stimulus, and data characteristics for software; and electrical and mechanical characteristics for hardware
- Uses validated models, simulations, and prototyping to mitigate risk and reduce cost of system development
- Develops alternative courses of action, workarounds, and fall-back positions with a recommended course of action for each risk, and monitor and re-evaluate risks at appropriate milestones. Monitors risks using earned value management (EVM) data
- Maintains knowledge of current and evolving agency, national, and international standards applicable to the system development of interest. Applies and enforces use of suitable standards to ensure consistency and interoperability of developer hardware and software
- Ensures effective, periodic review and control of the evolving configuration of a system, both hardware and software components and associated documentation, during the life of the system
- Serves as a member of the CCB
- As a participant within an Analysis of Alternatives (AOA) effort, recommends a preferred solution based on selection criteria adjusted for reasonableness and validity of assumptions, technology limitations, environmental impact, and life-cycle costs
- Develops system design alternatives that consider life cycle cost, reuse, complexity, risk, system expansion, and growth.
(U) Twenty (20) years experience as a SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required. Demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts is required. Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
TS/SCI with active polygraph required
~~EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045 ext. 107.