POSITION: CSDI Systems Engineer (Mid-Level)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
The incumbent Systems Engineer shall provide systems engineering support to CSDI, a major development effort under the joint oversight of DoD and ODNI. The Systems Engineer will assist in developing and maintaining the overall Phase 3 architecture and collaborate with and between development teams in the area of data management. The SE will ensure requirements are being addressed and that dependencies and interfaces are understood and documented. The successful candidate will be a great collaborator and good listener, comfortable with change and uncertainty, big-picture oriented, and technically proficient.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, or other related field from an accredited college or university plus at least ten (10) years of systems engineering experience.
- A Master’s degree in a qualified engineering field or related discipline from an accredited college or university can substitute for two (2) years of experience, for a total of only eight (8) years of systems engineering experience.
- A High School Diploma or GED plus fourteen (14) years of general system engineering experience would also be acceptable.
REQUIRED INDIVIDUAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated experience with agile development and test methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience capturing, tracking and assessing requirements using the Atlassian product suite, to include Jira and Confluence.
- Demonstrated experience performing technical analysis of systems architectures
- Demonstrated experience with writing systems engineering documentation (CONOPS, requirements management, configuration management, etc.)
- Familiar with the principles and concepts of Service Oriented Architectures and data analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with model based systems engineering activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.