Clearance Requirement – SECRET (preferred)
Location: Fort Belvoir (w frequent travel)
**This opportunity is in bid stage - award anticipated 1st quarter 2020**
The Kenjya-Trusant Group, LLC (KTG) is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Events Manager to support the Department of the Army; providing event planning, coordination and logistical support for Army training requirements. Event manager will be responsible for approximately 100 - 220 events annually and oversee up to 10 support personnel.
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the provision of logistical support for training events through event coordination and program administration.
- Event Coordination to include:
- Venue Selection
- Room Night Negotiation
- Food Selection
- Transportation Coordination
- Speaker Coordination
- Child Care Coordination
- Event Management to include:
- Facility Setup/Tear down
- Meeting Room A/V
- Managing Schedules
- Oversight of Venue Staff and Contractor Support
- Event closeout and invoices/receipts
- Travel Requirement - Approximately 20 weeks per year for site visits or on-site support for events
- Report to Arlington/Pentagon/Fort Belvoir, VA on weeks not traveling (Tues-Thurs only) for related meetings, collaborative event planning and briefing/event updates
- 5 years of event planning experience
- 3 years of experience planning events at the General Officer/Senior Executive Service/Corporate level
- Experience coordinating Child Care contractors for event day and related Army Regulations
- Experience with high volume of events over course of 1 year; events include dinners, meetings, conferences, social activities, etc.
- Certified Government Meeting Professional (CGMP), Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) or equivalent
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.