POSITION: Python Software Engineer - Level 2
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is looking for a Python-focused software engineer ready to grow their skills and career in a dynamic organization by writing CND tools that will ensure maximal mission impact for their customer. Efforts will be focused on developing solutions to perform next generation of high-speed network security leveraging LookingGlass proprietary inline packet processing devices. Our applications are primarily deployed on Linux using a DevOps process and lifecycle. Join us in creating awesome solutions to real world problems that are vital to the defense of our nation.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
REQUIRED INDIVIDUAL CAPABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Information Systems and a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in software engineering, development, technologies and methodologies.
- In lieu of a Bachelor's Degree, an additional four (4) years of experience may be substituted, for a combined total of eleven (11) years' experience.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills with Python, including familiarity with developing command-line applications and server applications; and both consuming and providing RESTful services
- Experience writing Python to be used in a variety of situations, including as standalone web service applications, analysts’ scripts and tools, and as plugins in a variety of frameworks
- Experience with database technologies, especially PostgreSQL
- Experience with message queue and other reliable message delivery technologies, such as ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, and JMS
- Ability to decompose complex requirements into discrete tasks and use cases, along with prioritizing development efforts between multiple objectives
- Ability to work together in a team with multiple roles, skills, and expertise; ability to work independently within a larger group
PREFERRED INDIVIDUAL CAPABILITIES (desired, but not mandatory):
- Experience developing multi-tier or full-stack applications
- Knowledge of writing Splunk commands and interfacing with Splunk as a developer
- Experience with Splunk or related technologies such as ELK, especially as a developer
- Knowledge of Computer Network Defense (CND) activities and concepts, including network analysis, malware analysis, and forensics
- Experience with additional programming languages, especially Bourne shell
- Experience with packaging and integrating large software systems into turnkey and/or shrink-wrapped software deliverables, especially as Linux RPMs and/or Docker containers
- Experience with unit and testing technologies for Python
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of team work and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.