POSITION: Media Librarian - Level I
LOCATION: Washington, D.C., 20037
NOTE: THIS OPPORTUNITY IS CURRENTLY IN BID STAGE AND HAS NOT BEEN AWARDED. CONTRACT AWARD ANTICIPATED LATE 3Q 2019
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: Secret (must have prior to applying)
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking a cleared Media Librarian - Level I to provide professional video production services supporting the Department of State in Washington, D.C.
Media Librarian - Level I - Some high-level knowledge and professional experience preferred in all or most of the qualifications listed below:
- Designs and implements workflows of the MAM alongside the technology and creative team leads.
- Manages the MAM on a daily basis and facilitates the uploading and downloading of assets across the business units, seeking to optimize where applicable. Enforces user roles and permissions. Facilitate retrieval of previously catalogued assets.
- Acts as primary liaison between the Office and clients with regard to ingest, tagging and archiving. Applies required metadata used within the system, working with other Offices and Divisions to collate that all metadata fields are finalized.
- Generates weekly reports to facilitate accurately archiving assets (e.g. asset download reports, percentage of assets tagged with percentage of metadata, etc.) and to ensure accurate tracking, reporting and analysis of the Office’s media assets (e.g. what kind of assets do we have vs. do we need based on high volume usage or under-usage of certain assets.).
- Recommends strategies to increase viewership and effectiveness of future video products based on familiarity with the media asset library.
- Participates in team activities and/or leads team discussions to design naming conventions, asset categories and define metadata fields to increase the agility of media asset search features and optimize the MAM’s effectiveness.
- Represents IIP at conferences, meetings and seminars with managers of public and private institutions and senior staff officials of other agencies. Remains on call to backstop IIP Video Office programs as needed.
- Maintains accurate procedures and records for the system. Tracks performance and gathers user feedback and metrics. Creates and supports "best practices" - on-going task is done to improve the system, various processes, SLAs and communication opportunities.
- Researches and identifies practices for digital-first content creation optimized for social media engagement, marketing and distribution.
- Performs routine analysis of system performance may include such factors as user experience, search performance and identifying points of system slowdowns.
- Works closely with outside agencies to ensure consistency in terms of file upload, metadata and Office policies and procedures.
- Works with the Operations Coordinator to ensure accuracy of record-keeping related to permissions obtained from third party content owners.
- Works with the Office Director and creative teams to design and implement program-oriented training to the field.
- Designs and implements collaborative programming within IIP to leverage and maximize intra-bureau synergy. Reviews data on international attitudes, media, education, country demographics and economic impact to identify trends and provide input into improved program development.
- Provides ongoing, personalized, predictable, and friendly customer service and support that will help guide staff and management through technology changes.
- Assists with annual inventory and keeps government equipment clean and organized.
- Travel may be required (national and international). Travel may be on short notice and require regular weekend work and long days to deliver videos under tight deadlines.
- Education level: Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Public diplomacy experience is preferred.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.