POSITION: Studio Engineer - Level I
LOCATION: Washington, D.C., 20037
NOTE: THIS OPPORTUNITY IS CURRENTLY IN BID STAGE AND HAS NOT BEEN AWARDED. CONTRACT AWARD ANTICIPATED LATE 3Q 2019
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: Secret (must have prior to applying)
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking a cleared Studio Engineer - Level I to provide professional video production services supporting the Department of State in Washington, D.C.
STUDIO ENGINEER LEVEL I - ALL of the requirements listed below, with some high-level knowledge and professional experience required.
- Serve as a digital broadcast engineer and technical expert with responsibility for the maintenance of a studio and technical execution of live interactive programs.
- Highly skilled in performing hands-on maintenance and troubleshooting of video broadcast systems including: graphics, edit, switching, cameras, teleprompter, sound and lighting systems including for live-streaming productions.
- Experience in live streaming applications (Flash Media Live Encoder, Wirecast, Ustream, YouTube Live, Facebook Live) is highly desirable.
- Works as the technical lead for VTC (DVC) based programming, developing proficiency in Polycom and Tandberg codecs.
- Develops proficiencies in all elements of live streaming applications including: creating live streams and channels, operating hardware and software encoders, CDN management, modifying and embedding video players, and multi-screen content delivery.
- Must be fluent in Mac OS and word processing applications. A working knowledge of Windows is preferred.
- Serve as an advisor/consultant to U.S. Embassies and American Spaces around the world to train them to produce their own interactive programming.
- Work closely with Office staff to maintain and develop the technical capabilities of the Broadcast Studio suite, ensuring each conforms to industry standards as well as the unique challenges faced by IIP as it seeks to reach audiences in low-bandwidth areas.
- Maintain a pulse on emerging technologies related to online streaming and editing on-demand content.
- Manage video assets using a media asset management (MAM) system - e.g. complying with IIP standards and performing metadata tagging of raw media and finished videos for distribution on different digital platforms.
- Provide ongoing, personalized, predictable, and friendly customer service and support that will help guide staff and management through technology changes.
- Help create and implement change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage including but not limited to collaboration tools, mobile devices, media asset management (MAM) systems and protocols.
- Coordinate and conduct digital skill building training sessions to promote better adoption of digital strategies and workflows including but not limited to telework readiness and adoption of better media management/file management standardization and best practices.
- Assists with annual inventory and keeps government equipment clean and organized.
- Education level: Bachelor’s or advanced degree preferred.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.