POSITION: Network Engineer
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have prior to applying)
- Provides assistance in all aspects of network management from network design through implementation, maintenance and upgrading of existing networks; specification, and related documents and implements communication system requirements to support the distributed functionality of a software engineering environment.
- Analyze network characteristics (e.g. traffic connect time, transmission speeds, packet sizes and throughput), troubleshoots problems and recommends procurement of, and/or modifications to network components.
- Primary emphasis on Cisco Systems, and at least some Juniper and IBM BladeCenter (SwitchModule) experience.
- Need to be the authority with all network issues and tuning.
- Linux skills would be a plus.
- Ten (10) years of experience in a technical role in projects and programs for Government or Industry customers with:
- Eight (8) years of experience as a Network Engineer in programs that encompass system architecture, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation.
- Experience in developing networks from design through implementation.
- Experience with Cisco IOS or JunOS or equivalent.
- Experience in configuring multi-vendor network equipment.
- Experience with network test gear and testing network equipment.
- Experience in configuring NAT and Routing Protocols.
- Experience with Ethernet Trunking and configuring Ethernet VLANs.
- The following certifications can each be substituted for one (1) year of experience each, for no more than three (3) years of experience: Oracle, Java, C++, MCSE/MCP, Linux, Solaris, Cisco, VMWare, SUN Network Administrator, Project Management Professional (PMP), CDFM, DAU, DAWIA, or certification specific to the labor category.
- Candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Communications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics or a related discipline.
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree, candidate may substitute six (6) years of specialized experience combined with an Associate’s Degree, for a total of sixteen (16) years of experience OR in lieu of an Associate's degree, eight (8) years of additional specialized experience, for a combined total of eighteen (18) years of experience.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.