Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Management Analyst to meet the needs the Office of the Bureau of Human Resources, Executive Office.
Clearance Requirement - Secret (must be active at time of application)
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage all the official document flow and tracking for a busy HR office of over 30 employees, loading documents into the unique Document Management System and executing corrections and clearances for action on information memos, Department Notices and ALDACS, official DG Direct responses, and the Secretary's Sounding Board. The scope and impact of communications is Department-wide, domestic and overseas. Close attention to policy and procedure is critical; attention to editing is key.
- Collaborate closely with WLD staff to set up and execute Department-wide events requiring close coordination with all Bureaus in the Department, close attention to logistics and details. These events include Take Your Child to Work Day which involve the Secretary of State and over 1000 young registrants and their parents; October Work Life Wellness Month featuring upwards of 70 events and normally involve an outside keynote speaker; the Feds Feed Families summer food drive involving marketing, reporting and liaison with Department of Agriculture; the summer Step Challenge, a wellness initiative carried out with the Office of Medical Services.
- Serve as Time and Attendance alternate, and as primary in the absence of primary.
- Research and respond to office inquiries directly, and field/direct calls to HR/ER Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in Work/Life Division and Conduct Suitability and Discipline Division as required.
- Work on a regular basis with the Chief of the Conduct Suitability Division and/or ER Office Director and Work Life Division Chief or staff on office Taskers, correspondence, special projects, database research and maintenance, and document list priorities.
- Serve as a POC in office related to security awareness, training and unit responsibilities appropriate for Classified Domestic suite.
- Manages and maintains necessary office supplies and equipment.
- Greet visitors and clients for the office, diffusing stressful or challenging situations, as appropriate, through excellent customer service.
- Additional program specialist functions include supporting HR/ER’s division functions for the Conduct Suitability and Discipline Division. The incumbent will perform and execute additional discipline functions for the Department. In order to improve the efficiency of the unit, HR/ER needs to streamline this operation. The position will be responsible for business process and data analysis and development of metrics related to trends and workload in CSD. This requires an understanding and ability to apply the law governing federal discipline procedures. HR/ER will stand up a new Managers Support Unit (MSU) and the incumbent will assist that team in providing support and guidance to managers worldwide related to the most complex performance and discipline cases.
- The incumbent is expected to draft Department Notices and internal Department correspondence. The incumbent is also expected to manage official document flow, management inquiries and track deadlines for HR/ER office, which includes loading documents into the Document Management System and executing corrections and clearances for action on memoranda, Department Notices and ALDACs, official DG Direct responses, intra and inter-agency requests and Congressional Taskers.
- Collaborate closely with HR/ER staff to set-up and execute Department-wide Work Life Wellness (WLW) events, requiring close coordination and collaboration with other bureaus and HR offices, including attention to logistics and details.
- Field requests from visitors, employees and bureaus and identify appropriate policies, procedures and processes, including the appropriate Department subject matter expert for effective follow-up, customer service and efficient office management
- Coordinate and manage incoming inquiries/customers and schedules, identify priorities, and log and track casework. Conduct data analysis to be used to justify additional staff.
- Identify trends over the course of the first year -- critical for defining Management Support Unit (MSU) roles, resources, PDs, etc. from a firm data-driven foundation
- Documentation of processes, business process mapping, value stream analysis
- Document each step in the discipline process, with assigned time values and value added/lost attributes to facilitate streamlining of processes
- Support to documenting workflow, from intake through processing/case management, will be critical to identify gaps and inefficiencies that can either be fixed by improved process, ranging from in-house assistance with clearances, spreadsheets, logging, etc
- CSD intends to be positioned to quickly leverage and roll out new case management software when green lighted from EX
- Identification of future needs, from staffing to IT to resources
- In providing a range of admin support to CSD, MSU, and the ER Director/WLD as necessary, can give the office the “bigger picture” of how work flows and what administrative processes can be put in place to minimize SME staff time on duties not directly relevant to their expertise
- Serve as note-taker, organizer, driver of various working group efforts on projects, from greater consistency in case documentation to how we organize data and when to use it
- Develop shared data sources in a virtual system; filing is not the future for an office leveraging DETO resources, so we must plan, develop and implement a navigable, efficient online filing system
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Knowledge of the Department both domestic and overseas, familiarity with organizational structure, roles and responsibilities and internal protocol are keys to successful execution of duties.
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.