Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Health Outreach Coordinator to provide support services to the
Office of International Health and Biodefense in the Bureau of Oceans, International Environmental and Scientific Affairs (OES/IHB).
Clearance Requirement - SECRET **Must hold active SECRET clearance at time of application
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Support outreach needs that arise from IHB’s lead coordination and guidance role for all Department bureaus on global health security, the Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA), and other related programs and initiatives
- Support global health security outreach with the non-governmental sector
- Work with subject matter and regional officers to identify and develop outreach activity to partner countries, major donors and assistance recipients, international bodies such as the World Health Organization (WHO), and private sector
- Track major international interchanges, engagements, and activities related to global health
- Draft, clear, and track demarche cables and briefing memos
- Coordinate with regional bureaus and other agencies such as USAID and HHS to implement global health policy
- Disseminate public affairs guidance
- Produce and maintain content on the office SharePoint site and other media to ensure wide access to the most current information on disease outbreaks
- Brief supervisor, co-workers, and principals as needed on ongoing health outreach activities
- Arrange meetings and conferences as needed to promote information sharing and coordination among U.S. interagency staff, as well as private sector and NGOs when needed. Preparation for meetings and conferences may include pre-clearing visitors into the building, scheduling conference rooms, verifying participation and escorting visitors, and assembling briefing books and other documentation
- Provide Department coverage for inter-agency meetings and conference calls, draft notes of these meetings and conferences, and disseminate notes to the office
- Limited travel
- Attend weekly staff and team meetings
- Attend training on work-related duties, as need arises
Please note all candidates are required to provide the previous five (5) years of employment history as well as their most recent paystub for the purpose of salary verification.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, including follow-up on pending tasks
- Ability to operate significantly under his/her own initiative and as part of a team, crafting proposals and recommending effective approaches to carry out tasks
- Ability to work with a wide variety of actors, including other office staff and team members, the Front Office, Executive Office staff, interagency colleagues, and outside visitors
- Microsoft office suite skills
- Experience with US foreign affairs/policy
- Experience or familiarity with public health policy
- Familiarity with the Department of State policies and procedures
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.