Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Program Analyst to provide support services as outlined to efficiently and effectively support the program management of the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights and Labor (DRL) of the Department of State.
Clearance Requirement - SECRET
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring effective execution of program requirements: establishing systematic methods of program execution, evaluation, or advocacy;
- Assessing activities to determine funding requirements and to determine whether funding is warranted and available;
- Analyzing program and budget proposals and presenting them to the State Department panels
- Preparing justification or recommendation memoranda for review and approval by appropriate officials; and providing follow-up problem-solving assistance, guideline interpretations, and technical consultations as required to applicants.
- Assists with Departmental briefings to congressional staffers on these programs.
- Represents and communicates DRL’s program objectives and policy to other State Department and U.S government offices involved in programming Democracy Fund and Human Rights and Democracy Funds (HRDF) and other transfer funding to include by not limited to regional bureaus, office of acquisitions management, office of the legal advisor, congressional Liaison office, office of management and budget and USAID offices.
- S/he liaises and consults on program administration, financial planning and acquisition of programming funds.
- S/he will respond to Congressional requests for information regarding programs and DRL program objectives.
- S/he will also provide information to the NGO community and other implementing organizations regarding the USG and DRL grants processes.
- Incumbent maintains, updates and develops as necessary systems for the efficient and accessible retrieval of documents regarding the allocation, notification, transfer and implementation of Democracy Fund, HRDF, transfer funding, and special Congressionally-mandated funds.
- Tracks the award of grants, maintains list of current grants and GORs, and collects and records narrative and financial reports.
- Maintaining the official DRL program and organizational files.
- Applies internal control measures to protect organizational integrity and prevent unauthorized use or misappropriation of sensitive and classified material;
- Reports instances of security violations/problems to the appropriate supervisory/management official;
- Assumes full responsibility for safeguarding all classified and sensitive (but unclassified) material and equipment in assignment area(s).
- It is anticipated that domestic and international travel will be required several times during the year.
- S/he will also need access to State Department files while on official travel.