Clearance Requirement - SECRET **Must hold active SECRET clearance at time of application
Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Management Analyst Level IV to provide grants management and program support to the Bureau’s Office of Policy Planning and Coordination, Strategy and Resources Unit (WHA/PPC/SRU).
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
Program Planning, Implementation, and Management
- Serve as a Program Officer and as required a Grants Officer Representative (GOR) or Assistant for multiple Bureau-administered, foreign assistance- funded awards;
- Help develop goals, objectives and programs, in consultation with WHA’s Office of the Coordinator for Cuban Affairs, to utilize foreign assistance funding, especially with regard to rule of law and human rights, good governance, political competition and consensus building, and civil society assistance programming in Cuba;
- Assist in the design and management of foreign assistance-funded programs for Cuba that reflect the new Administration policy of reestablished diplomatic relations with Cuba.
- Perform monitoring duties and if possible, oversee program evaluations, to ensure program objectives are met;
- Serve as the Action Officer for all foreign assistance processes, reports, plans, and Congressional inquiries related to democracy assistance in Cuba;
- Negotiate, with supervision from the Deputy Director of WHA/PPC and in coordination with the Office of the Coordinator for Cuban Affairs, across the Department and the interagency the foreign assistance budgets for Cuba democracy assistance;
- Coordinate directly with the U.S. Embassy in Havana in program design and management;
- Manage payments to grantees using automated systems and track liquidations of funds for Inter-Agency Agreements, if applicable;
- Manage financial oversight of assistance programming to/in Cuba.
- Collect grant documentation for review by key officers in WHA/PPC/SRU and the Bureau who will select grant recipients from within available funding levels;
- Monitor and evaluate progress on open awards, providing reports to WHA/PPC/SRU, the Office of the Coordinator for Cuban Affairs, and the WHA Front Office;
- Serve as WHA/PPC/SRU’s principal liaison with WHA’s Office of the Coordinator for Cuban Affairs, USAID’s Bureau of Latin America and the Caribbean (Cuba directorate), and the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor regarding WHA-administered grants for democracy assistance to Cuba;
- Liaise with the U.S. Embassy in Havana on issues relating to grants and awards;
- Liaise with offices involved in administration, financial planning and acquisition of program funding;
- Communicate skillfully, both verbally and in writing, to provide briefings, status reviews, and advice upon request to the other WHA/PPC staff and senior WHA personnel on grant and foreign assistance issues;
- Liaise directly with the appropriate WHA Deputy Assistant Secretary on Cuba foreign assistance;
- Serve as a primary POC on WHA technical compliance with Department grants management systems.
The MANAGEMENT ANALYST will be responsible for ensuring effective execution of program requirements: establishing systematic methods of program execution, evaluation, or advocacy; assessing activities to determine funding requirements and to determine whether funding is warranted and available; analyzing program and budget proposals and presenting them to State Department grant panels; preparing justification or recommendation memoranda for review and approval by appropriate officials; and providing follow-up problem-solving assistance, guideline interpretations, and technical consultations as required to applicants. The incumbent assists with Departmental briefings on these grant programs. The incumbent reports to a Deputy Director for WHA/PPC who serves as the lead of the Strategy and Resources Unit (WHA/PPC/SRU).
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language proficiency useful.
- Experience with grants and/or programming with foreign assistance a plus.
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.