Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Senior Digital Forensics Analyst for the OIG’s Office of Investigation (OIG/INV). OIG/INV has responsibility for planning, conducting, supervising, and coordinating criminal and administrative investigations and program reviews domestically and at overseas posts including those in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan. Investigations encompass but are not limited to the operating, administrative, and financial activities of DOS/BBG units and seek to determine compliance with applicable laws, rules and DoS/BBG Policies and Regulations.
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist INV criminal investigators in their casework by providing digital forensics support.
- Provide analytical support to the criminal investigators, by applying and integrating technological capabilities through every aspect of electronic data acquisition, case investigation, and litigation.
- Conduct complex examinations involving digital storage media, and independently collects, processes, and preserves digital evidence from electronic devices such as computers, handheld digital devices, network servers, and other automated/data storage devices and digital media.
- Provide computer forensic support for high technology investigations in the form of computer forensic analysis and data recovery.
- Apply innovative techniques, which will allow the criminal investigators to locate their data quickly and efficiently; the incumbent will be both proactive and reactive in meeting the needs of the investigators.
- Retrieve data such as documents, photos and e-mails from cellphones, computer hard drives and other data storage devices that have been deleted, damaged or otherwise manipulated.
- Conduct tool development for computer and network forensics and vulnerability testing.
- Research and maintain proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer and/or network vulnerabilities, data hiding and encryption.
- Develop new tools, techniques, training, and countermeasures for computer and network vulnerabilities, data hiding and encryption, and investigates computer and network intrusions.
- Inventory, examine, and perform comprehensive technical analyses of computer-related evidence such as digital media storage devices (hard disks, magnetic tapes, optical disks, memory cards, magnetic strip cards, floppy disks, and other types of digital media), and retrieves information stored on devices and provides the results in a format which is useful to investigators and prosecutors.
- Utilize current analytical computer applications, search and retrieval techniques and procedures to: access, collect, examine, and analyze data, evidence, and other digital information from a wide variety of sources to link possible criminal activity; establish possible criminal associations, detect trends, and prepare reports and statistics on investigations of interregional, national, or international origin or coverage.
- Excellent working knowledge of all aspects of the digital environment including but not limited to hard drives, networking, and encryption.
- A minimum of six years of experience working in the digital forensics field and must currently possess basic and advanced digital forensics certifications.
- Knowledge of, and skill in applying, a wide range of concepts, principles, and practices involving: criminological theories and research methodologies; the use of investigative and intelligence gathering systems; information search and retrieval techniques and procedures; and automated intelligence systems sufficient to: conduct analysis of investigative cases (e.g., financial crimes, access device fraud, telecommunications fraud, electronic crimes, counterfeit U.S. currency and obligations); access, collect, examine, and analyze data, evidence, and other information from a variety of sources, including public access and law enforcement databases; conduct independent research, reconstruct complicated events, establish possible criminal associations, detect trends, and develop case-specific subject profiles; prepare link analysis in highly complex criminal investigations; and prepare reports of findings to use as evidence in prosecuting cases.
- The incumbent must possess at least 3 of the following digital forensics degrees or certifications:
- International Association of Computer Investigative Specialists, Certified Computer Forensics Examiner (CFCE)
- Guidance Software, Encase Certified Examiner (EnCE)
- AccessData. AccessData Certified Examiner (ACE)
- BlackBag, Mac and iOS Certified Forensic Examiner (MiCFE)
Clearance Requirement -
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Computer/Digital Forensics
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Information Technology
- Masters Degree in Computer/Digital Forensics
Contractor may be required to provide testimony related to duties performed under this Statement of Work and may appear as a witness in a judicial or administrative proceeding with/without the issuance of a valid summons, subpoena, or other compulsory process.Please note all candidates are required to provide the previous five (5) years of employment history as well as their most recent paystub for the purpose of salary verification.THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.