Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Administrative Assistant to provide support to the Office of Health and Safety.
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
Administrative Support -
Scheduling and Office Synchronization -
- Receives visitors and telephone calls, exercising judgment to screen those which can be handled personally from those requiring the attention of other HS staff. When possible, personally troubleshoots requests for assistance, but ensures that higher level customer service requests are directed to the appropriate HS official for resolution.
- Creates, maintains, and updates the electronic database for MED/CS/HS/OH, Domestic Programs (DP).
- Works under the guidance of DP leadership with regard to all DP adjudications, along with the proper handling and storage of PII documentation.
- Acts as the initial POC for DP requests for disability parking permits, business class upgrades, EOBs, COI cases. Forwards medical documentation to DP technical staff and then assists with the final adjudications and responses to the employees.
- Prepares and distributes documentation to the physician panels who are responsible for the Disability Retirement adjudications, upon final decision, prepares memo for distribution.
- Serves as a liaison between HS and new public and private sector organizations with related functions or related services, drafting and publishing informational material about HS's mission and programs (tailored to the appropriate clearance level), directing inquiries to the appropriate POCs within HS, and providing other introductory information concerning HS as directed.
- Using office automation equipment and word processing software, prepares a variety of correspondence, memorandums, briefings, and other documents as directed by HS staff. Refers to agency regulations, dictionaries, and other typical office reference materials to ensure proper format, grammatical accuracy, and correct spelling.
- Conducts transcription for HS staff as requested, and reviews/assembles written materials for HS staff, to include proofreading and editing documents for proper English usage, clarity, spelling, grammar, and punctuation, as well as assembling documents in standard agency format.
- Fields research questions from HS staff, conducting in-depth research of authoritative publications, the Foreign Affairs Manuals and Handbooks, the Code of Federal Regulations, and other relevant sources to address inquiries from HS staff, drafting well-written special one-time reports or issue summaries.
- Exercises a firm understanding of the HS Director's views and program goals, composing correspondence at own initiative to embassies overseas, other offices within the Department, USG agencies, and public-sector partners to coordinate administrative aspects of assigned programs.
- Performs other administrative tasks as required.
- Maintains an HS Office Calendar to track HS actions, including procurement deadlines and/or anticipated delivery, operational support travel, employee training, employee leave, project or document due dates, Director-issued taskers/due-outs, and other key dates as directed.
- Tracks the status of any due-outs issued by the HS Director, receiving updates from the tasked individual(s), and keeps the HS Director apprised of their status.
- As directed, schedules intra-office meetings within HS, between individuals, organizational subcomponents, or for the entire office to facilitate collaboration, discussion, and planning for programs, and other HS efforts. As required, arranges facilities for these meetings or facilitates electronic mediums for meetings (e.g., Adobe Connect).
Budget Support -
- Serves as the HS point of contact for all travel actions, responsible for reviewing procedures for efficiency and developing new procedures to address new situations and/or developments.
- Maintains a working knowledge of relevant travel rules and regulations, unwritten policies, practices, precedents, and practices (and their applicability to circumstances) and ensures that all HS travel complies with applicable laws and rates established by the General Services Administration and/or the Department of State.
- Develops travel itineraries using the E2 Solutions Website and, as necessary, makes travel arrangements directly through the Carson Wagonlit office at Main State or using Carlson’s telephone support desk. Duties include coordinating flight plans, hotel reservations, car rental reservations, and other travel arrangements.
- Prepares and assists travelers with their travel vouchers, ensuring that all expenses are properly reimbursed, digitizing and uploading all expense receipts, and otherwise ensuring that all required documentation accompanies the voucher.
- As necessary, consults with travelers and the Executive Office to determine whether travel amendments are required and drafts tentative travel amendments for the Executive Office to review.
- Works with the Executive Office to coordinate travel funding and to provide additional justifications as required.
- Prepares and submits electronic country clearances for HS personnel traveling abroad, coordinating with approvers overseas to ensure timely approval and the availability of requested post support.
- Responsible for managing diplomatic passports and visas for HS personnel and maintaining a central log of passport numbers, passport expiration dates, passport photos, and travel visa expiration dates.
- As required, drafts requests for new diplomatic passports and submits to the Executive Office for review. Ensures that personnel approved for new diplomatic passports properly complete their DS-82 Passport Application Form and that all required documents are present before submitting to the Special Issuance Agency.
- Assists HS staff with visa applications and works with foreign embassies, the Special Issuance Agency, and/or the relevant country desk officer to facilitate the issuance of a travel visa.
Logistics Support -
- Assists the HS Director in preparing an annual budget and mid-year budget review, contacting vendors for price quotes, conducting online pricing research for required materials, and drafting explanatory materials/justification to accompany budget submissions.
- As directed, conducts basic budget management. Ensures that assigned projects/accounts are within original budget estimates, monitors cost expenditures, maintains a current expenditure balance, and alerts HS decision makers of potential cost overruns.
- Assists HS staff with the completion and submission of SF-182 Training Requests and DS-3070 Training Agreements, and coordinates with MED/EX/HR and MED/EX/BUD as necessary to provide any supporting documents and to address any other administrative impediments.
Information Technology Support -
- Actively manages office supply orders. Maintains a log of office supply active purchase requests and ensures that HS office supply purchase orders are properly routed. As necessary, conducts follow up with GSO and provides supplemental information and/or documentation.
- Keeps and maintains an active, on-hand inventory of commonly used office supplies and materials for HS staff, periodically assessing inventory levels, resupplying stocked items, and adding new items as requested by HS personnel.
- Submits service requests to facilities management on behalf of HS staff and tracks their status until completed, providing periodic status updates to both the customer and the facilities team as required.
- As required, serves as an administrative POC for HS programs to domestic worksites and posts abroad, fielding general inquiries, and maintaining current contact lists for worksites, posts, functional bureaus, and regional bureaus.
- Serves as a logistics point of contact for HS.
Program Support -
- Maintains proficiency in operating office equipment (to include computers, scanners, faxes, printers, copiers, and other audiovisual equipment) and is proficient with standard office software (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft SharePoint).
- Submits IT Service Center requests on behalf of HS staff as required and tracks the status of the trouble ticket until resolved. As necessary, conducts follow up with the IT Service Center to ensure the ticket is being appropriately actioned.
- As directed, compiles, arranges, and maintains data from HS programs, E2 Solutions, individual emails from post, etc., and centralizes the data in a digital repository using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, or Microsoft SharePoint.
- Compiles and maintains numerous email distribution lists in Outlook for various programs and projects, adding new users, removing outdated contacts, and distributing large volumes of email to customers as directed by HS Project Managers.
- Develops and maintains an electronic document filing system for intra-HS documents on the HS network drive and works with MED/EX/INF to ensure all HS staff obtains sufficient network privileges to view HS network folders.
- Responsible for digitizing hard copy materials and managing an electronic archive of outdated materials on the HS network drive.
- Works with MED/QI to manage HS's ISO Document Library, coordinating between MED/QI and HS Project Officers to edit, create, and remove HS ISO Documents from the repository as necessary.
- Maintains an electronic document library of published HS materials on HS's SharePoint site for all Department of State personnel.
- Serves as the SharePoint administrator for all HS programs, ensuring the currency of information, adding new documents and project sites, tweaking site design, and ensuring that all hyperlinks are active.
- As directed, develops new electronic mechanisms/systems to track various HS program data.
- Exercises initiative to compile and prepare information packets/relevant materials in anticipation of supervisor/staff meetings, travel, and other engagements, and brings relevant administrative/program-related issues to the HS Director's attention so that they be addressed by the appropriate POC or resolved in the appropriate forum/meeting.
- Drafts, designs, and makes copies of documents, reports, charts, and other materials for meetings, presentations, and guest lectures by HS personnel.
- Develops and conducts an HS-internal new employee orientation, working with MED/EX to ensure that all new-hire checklists are complete, that accounts are set up in E2, GFMS, OpenNet, ClassNet, and payroll. Personally walks new hires through the process of scheduling introductory training via FSI.
- Serves as the administrative coordinator for all HS-internal time and attendance actions, drafting standard procedures, ensuring the timely completion of documents, and performing any special coordination with the timekeeper to facilitate the accurate and timely tracking of employee work hours.
Clearance Requirement - Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) to Secret THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.