Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Administrative Assistant to support the Department of State (DOS) Office of the Medical Services, Foreign Programs
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
Administrative Support -
- filing cables
- records overseas medevacs in Emed
- Send, receive and track faxes and mail received daily (Sorts faxes, labels them and notifies us of report’s arrival)
- Make direct pay reservations for State Department employees
- Air Ambulance and remote consult billing.
- Prepares correspondence, periodic reports and cables from rough drafts, notes or oral instructions
- Prepares agenda and minutes for staff meetings
- Assists with scheduling interagency and outside institution meetings, reserves space.
- Prepares approximately 400 Obstetrical medevac packets of information and forms. This requires making 39 pages (many double sided) of information, forms and instructions. Highlights certain instructions to stress their importance.
- Issues DS-3067s for the 400 patients.
- Makes reservations for OB medevac’d patients staying at the State Department direct paid housing. This involves many, many emails and telephone calls between patients and housing.
- Assists with technical computer issues.
- Orders ACOG Antepartum Records through work orders, orders books, orders supplies, etc. through Metastorm (work order system).
- Scans and emails medical reports to MED/Records
- Receives phone messages and transfers to the appropriate person.
- SharePoint Administrator
- Builds detailed tasks in outlook for every medevac patient.
- Initiation of remote consults
- inputs all information into Emed
- Maintains a statistical spreadsheet
- Manages invoices.
- Compiles statistics
- Process and file remote consults and maintain spreadsheet outlining patient, ID, scans approved bill, put it on spread sheet and sends for payment.
- Arranges travel as requested for FP providers
- Follows up each medevac with formal survey to patient.
- Prepares OB packets for oncoming OB medevacs.
- Prepares and provide orientation packets for new FP staff
- Exercises initiative in identifying and resolving issues affecting the orderly flow of work at both the office and bureau level and performs other administrative tasks as required
- Serves as the FP point of contact for all travel actions, responsible for reviewing procedures for efficiency and developing new procedures to address new situations and/or developments
- Maintains a working knowledge of relevant travel rules and regulations, policies, practices, precedents, and practices (and their applicability to circumstances) and ensures that all FP travel complies with applicable laws and rates established by the General Services Administration and/or the Department of State.
- Develops travel itineraries using the E2 Solutions Website and, as necessary, makes travel arrangements directly through the Carson Wagonlit office at Main State or using Carlson’s telephone support desk. Duties include coordinating flight plans, hotel reservations, car rental reservations, and other travel arrangements
- Prepares and assists travelers with their travel vouchers, ensuring that all expenses are properly reimbursed, digitizing and uploading all expense receipts, and otherwise ensuring that all required documentation accompanies the voucher.
- As necessary, consults with travelers and the Executive Office to determine whether travel amendments are required and drafts tentative travel amendments for the Executive Office to review.
- Works with the Executive Office to coordinate travel funding and to provide additional justifications as required.
Information Technology Support
- Actively manages office supply orders. Maintains a log of office supply active purchase requests and ensures that FP’s office supply purchase requests are properly routed. As necessary, conducts follow up with MED/MSS and provides supplemental information and/or documentation.
- Keeps and maintains an active, on-hand inventory of commonly used office supplies and materials for FP staff, periodically assessing inventory levels, resupplying stocked items, and adding new items as requested by FP personnel.
- Submits service requests to facilities management on behalf of FP staff and tracks their status until completed, providing periodic status updates to both the customer and the facilities team as required.
- As required, serves as an administrative POC for posts abroad, fielding general inquiries, receiving and routing emails and telephone calls.
- Serves as a logistics point of contact for FP.
- Maintains proficiency in operating office equipment (to include computers, scanners, faxes, printers, copiers, and other audiovisual equipment) and is proficient with standard office software (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft SharePoint).
- Submits IT Service Center requests on behalf of FP staff as required and tracks the status of the trouble ticket until resolved. As necessary, conducts follow up with the IT Service Center to ensure the ticket is being appropriately actioned.
- As directed, compiles, arranges, and maintains data from FP programs, E2 Solutions, individual emails from post, etc., and centralizes the data in a digital repository using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, or Microsoft SharePoint.
- Works with MED/QI to manage FP's ISO Document Library, coordinating between MED/QI and FP Project Officers to edit, create, and remove FP ISO Documents from the SharePoint site as necessary.
- Serves as the SharePoint administrator for all FP programs, ensuring the information is correct and up to date, working with IT to add new documents and project sites, tweaking site design, and ensuring that all hyperlinks are active.
- Exercises initiative to compile and prepare information packets/relevant materials in anticipation of supervisor/staff meetings, travel, and other engagements, and brings relevant administrative/program-related issues to the FP Director's attention so that they can be addressed by the appropriate POC or resolved in the appropriate forum/meeting.
- Drafts, designs, and makes copies of documents, reports, charts, and other materials for meetings, presentations, and guest lectures by FP personnel.
- Develops and conducts a FP-internal new employee orientation, working with MED/EX to ensure that all new-hire checklists are complete, that accounts are set up in E2, GFMS, OpenNet, ClassNet, and payroll, as necessary.
Clearance Requirement -
- Incumbent must possess two years of experience providing administrative support to USG or non-profit institutions, preferably in a complex office environment.
- Incumbent must possess working knowledge of office software and IT systems, to include: (a) Microsoft Word; (b) Microsoft Excel; (c) Microsoft Power Point; (d) Microsoft Access; (e) Microsoft SharePoint; (f) Microsoft Publisher; (g) Microsoft Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience or education related to the medical/health sciences field.
- Prefer experience in arranging official USG travel and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations relating to federal travel.
SECRET **Must hold at time of Application
Please note all candidates are required to provide the previous five (5) years of employment history as well as their most recent paystub for the purpose of salary verification.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.