Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a candidate to fill the role of Senior Program Designer at The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) in Washington, DC. As a member of the professional services team the, the Sr. Program Designer will provide human centered design efforts and develop partnerships with private sector and civil society design organizations.
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
: Develops, implements, and evaluates new international exchange programs and program elements. Identifies opportunities to create new initiatives, meetings, or activities that improve the effectiveness of ECA-supported exchange programs. Draws on extensive expertise with the use of technology in exchange programs, including the practice of virtual exchanges. Maintains effective working relationships with grantee organizations and partners. Identifies new organizations with the potential for collaborating with ECA in establishing meaningful international exchange programs and other education diplomacy efforts
- Serve as an expert on the use of low-bandwidth technology and open educational resources in U.S. Government exchange programs and public diplomacy efforts. Advises ECA program offices on the integration of low-bandwidth technology and open education into new and existing programs
- Researches and identifies new possible program models that can be piloted by the Collaboratory
- Works with external partners to identify and create cross-sector partnerships that advance the Bureau’s work in open education and other issues
Serves as an initial point of contact for incoming actions from Departmental offices, US embassies/posts, other USG agencies, international organizations, foreign governments, non-governmental organizations, or other sources. Monitors developing political situations or issues that would impact existing or planned programs. Manages assigned programs, maintaining currency on legislative and policy developments affecting the administration of these programs. Ensures effective execution of program requirements by grantee organizations by developing systematic methods of program execution, evaluation, and management. In coordination with the office’s Grants Officer Representative, reviews budget proposals. Evaluates program effectiveness in relation to the funding expended
- Ensures effective execution of program requirements by grantee organizations and addresses program management issues, in coordination with the Grants Officer Representative Coordinates day-to-day programmatic issues regarding the Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) Connect Camps
- Coordinates with interagency partners on program implementation
Advises on program issues and problems; develops and proposes resolutions of program policy and procedural issues. Drafts and proposes program implementation goals and milestones. Conducts site visits to grantee organizations and partners, both in the U.S. and overseas, as needed to collect information on problems and possible solutions in programs and initiatives. Drafts program directives, policies, procedures, and other materials for approval by appropriate staff. Provides follow up problem solving assistance, guideline interpretations, and technical consultations as required. Participates in meetings with agencies of other governments and multilateral organizations to contribute detailed technical analyses and assessments of complex issues and alternatives to decision makers
- Occasional CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required
- Knowledge of U.S. Public Diplomacy programs and U.S. Government exchange programs
- Two or more years of experience in managing, developing, or analyzing public diplomacy programs, including experience coordinating high-level initiatives among the U.S. interagency
- Expertise in managing programs across at least one geographic region, with regional language expertise preferable
Clearance Requirement - Secret
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Bachelor’s Degree in a social or human science (international affairs, sociology, anthropology, psychology, etc.) or higher
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.