Clearance Requirement - Secret ** Must be active at time of application**
Program Specialist will provide support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the program management of DRL/GP of the Department of State. The Program Specialist will be responsible for assisting the program officers/analysts and the grants officers in ensuring effective execution of program requirements: establishing systematic methods of program execution, evaluation, and/or advocacy; assessing activities to determine funding requirements and to determine whether funding is warranted and available; analyzing program and budget proposals and assisting in presenting them to the State Department panels; preparing justification or recommendation memoranda for review and approval by appropriate officials; and providing follow-up problem-solving assistance, guideline interpretations, and technical consultations as required to applicants. They may assist with Departmental briefings to congressional staffers on these programs.
Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- The Program Specialist assists and communicates DRL’s program objectives and policies to other State Department and U.S government offices involved in programming Democracy Fund and Human Rights and Democracy Funds (HRDF) and other transfer funding to include but not limited to regional bureaus, office of acquisitions management, office of the legal advisor, congressional liaison office, office of management and budget, DOL/ILAB, and USAID offices
- They liaise and assist with program administration, financial planning and acquisition of programming funds. They will assist with Congressional requests for information regarding programs and DRL program objectives, and also provide information to the NGO community and other implementing organizations regarding the USG and DRL grants processes
- The Program Specialist maintains updates and develops as necessary systems for the efficient and accessible retrieval of documents regarding the allocation, notification, transfer and implementation of HRDF, transfer funding, and special Congressionally-mandated funds. They will tracks the award of grants, maintain lists of current grants and GORs, and collect and records narrative and financial reports. They will be responsible for maintaining the DRL program and organizational files.
- The Program Specialist will apply internal control measures to protect organizational integrity and prevent unauthorized use or misappropriation of sensitive and classified material; report instances of security violations/problems to the appropriate supervisory/management official; and assume full responsibility for safeguarding all classified and sensitive (but unclassified) material and equipment in assignment area(s).
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Coordinate and assist the Program Analysts and Officers in the administration and coordination of international human rights and democracy programs
- Assist in the coordination of foreign assistance funding
- Help develop goals, objectives and programs for utilization of the foreign assistance funding
- Assist the programing staff and grants officers to monitor budget execution to ensure program objectives are met
- Collect grant documentation for review by the grants officer, the Front Office and decision-making committees who will select grant recipients within available funding levels
- Assist with liaising with offices involved in administration, financial planning and acquisition of program funding
- Skillfully communicate verbally and in writing to provide briefings, status reviews, and advice upon request to the other DRL program staff and senior personnel on grant issues
- May be required to travel globally to highly sensitive areas with little notice
Please note all candidates are required to provide the previous five (5) years of employment history as well as their most recent paystub for the purpose of salary verification.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- The contractor must have experience with foreign assistance and international programming
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.