POSITION: Software Engineer II (Database)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FULL SCOPE POLYGRAPH (must have before applying)
As a Database/Software Engineer on our team you will work within a government and contractor team to provide database support for various team activities. You will support a variety of tasks including database design, security, and replication Also scripting, front- and back-end services, GUI enhancement, and maintaining servers that host the tools.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Fourteen (14) years of experience as a Software Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree, totaling eighteen (18) years of experience.
REQUIRED INDIVIDUAL SKILLS:
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL, EnterpriseDB)
- Experience using GitLab to support CI/CD pipeline
- Experience enabling and configuring auditing in compliance with industry best practices
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience migrating data between environments on one or more platforms
- Experience applying security patches in keeping with industry best standards
- Experience designing and implementing data replication and redundancy solutions, data backup and recovery solutions
- Experience recovering systems from a loss of service event
- Experience with shell scripting in support of site reliability engineering automation
- Must have a TS/SCI clearance with FS polygraph
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.