POSITION: Chinese-Mandarin Operational Language Analyst - Skill Level III
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FS POLY (must have prior to applying)
The Chinese-Mandarin Operational Language Analyst (OLA) performs tasks required to process voice and/or graphic language materials in support of SIGINT Operations.
The Level III OLA shall demonstrate the skills of the lower level plus the following cryptologic language processing skills:
- Scanning and sorting/categorizing foreign language materials
- Performing quality control review of translations and/or transcripts of complex and sophisticated written and/or spoken material
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree or equivalent from other countries.
- Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) Skill Level III in Audio translation Performance and/or Translation Performance from the required language(s) into idiomatic, standard American English. Scores from the Agency Civilian Language Test of Record, valid at time of resume submission, may be used as acceptable validation for text translation and audio translation skill level(s). ILR skills level validation shall be documented within two (2) years prior to resume submission.
- Ten (10) years full-time combined cryptologic language processing, related language, and/or related cryptologic experience.
- In lieu of the Bachelor's Degree, an additional four (4) years of directly related, applied, practical work experience may be substituted for a total of fourteen (14) years' experience.
- At least six (6) of the ten (10) years' experience shall be in performing cryptologic operations language processing.
- At least six (6) of the ten (10) years' experience shall be in the required language(s).
- At least four (4) of the six (6) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be in cryptologic language processing.
- At least three (3) of the six (6) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be in translating and/or transcribing, and gisting.
- At least one (1) of the six (6) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be in performing quality control review of ILR level III audio translations and/or text translations.
- For no more than three (3) of the required ten (10) years' experience, reporting shall be the primary duty.
- One (1) of the six (6) years' experience in the required language(s) shall be within six (6) years of resume submission.
- One (1) year experience typing on an English keyboard.
- When performed within Cryptologic Operations, the lower level tasks and the following task constitute acceptable cryptologic language processing experience: quality control of gists, translations, and transcripts; and mentoring language analysts in language processing.
- Performance of the following tasks constitutes acceptable related language experience: oral interpretation (from the required language into English and vice versa); text translation (from the required language into English and vice versa); audio translation (from the required language into English); audio transcription in the required language; document exploitation that involves gisting/translation (from the required language into English)' mentoring language analysts in language processing; and formal teaching of the required language in platform and/or online/distance learning environments.
- Performance of following tasks constitutes acceptable related cryptologic experience. Within cryptologic operations: target development; network analysis; drafting intelligence reports; speaker identification; language identification; and document exploitation that involves sorting/categorizing/language identification.
. The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.