POSITION: Systems Engineer Level 5 - (GPM Support)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI w/FS POLYGRAPH
As a Government Project Manager (GPM) Support Systems Engineer on our team you will advise and assist GPMs in System Engineering activities by applying current customer and industry best practices in Systems Engineering processes and principles. You will assist with collection/creation of system engineering plans that are essential to carrying out the strategic goals as set forth in Security Authorization capabilities. All work is to be performed in accordance with customer and DoD policies, procedures, and plans.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating/improving methodology, processes, and tools.
- Supporting system design and technical performance requirements.
- Informing government leads on status and progress of all projects.
- Support setup, update, and/or review of Quality Assurance plans, Integrated Master Plans, and Configuration Management plans.
- Assist in the creation, maintenance, and integration of all system engineering activities and acquisition schedules.
- Provide expertise in system engineering requirements alignment goals and architectural alignment goals.
- Recommend and guide system engineering solutions that minimize unique external engineering system interfaces.
- Advise the GPM on requirements reviews, to include security and all compliance requirements.
Individual Capabilities/Experience Required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, or a related discipline and at least 15 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s or PhD Degree may be substituted for two years of experience. Note: a High School Diploma or GED plus 19 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Individual Capabilities/Experience Desired:
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience in system security authorizations
- A broad experience in systems engineering disciplines, system integration, project management
- A demonstrated ability to work constructively and successfully with diverse stakeholders to resolve mission and technical issues.
- Self-starter, with high attention to detail, and possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and be proficient with Microsoft Office tools, especially Microsoft Excel.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.