POSITION: Systems Engineer - Level 6 (Technology Transition)
LOCATION: Annapolis Junction/Fort Meade, MD 20701
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with FS Poly
As a Technology Transition Systems Engineer on our team you will provide systems engineering support to a technology transition organization responsible for management and oversight of technology transition into and out of the Enterprise Architecture. These transition activities include managing the introduction of new prototype capabilities. The organization provides support not only across the customer but also to external IC partners to ensure transition stakeholder requirements are understood and considered. Transition activities include managing and supporting transition process, monitoring and measuring progress through the process, identifying risks and recommending mitigations and supporting planning activities.
As a Systems Engineer you will provide systems engineering expertise in scoping, planning, monitoring, and generating systems engineering artifacts to support the technical evaluation of prototypes, assist the government to facilitate technology transition into the capabilities architecture, and work with the government to facilitate / lead cross-directorate Integrated-Product Teams [IPTs] to engage stakeholders in accomplishing the work.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 20 years of systems engineering experience.
- A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 24 years of systems engineering experience would also be acceptable.
REQUIRED INDIVIDUAL SKILLS & CAPABILITIES:
- Subject Matter Expert in 1 or more SE Process Areas; Approve delivery of SE work product, and briefing Stakeholders on all technical aspects of their Project.
- Ability to plan and deliver engineering projects with unique/ complex aspects that impact major capabilities of high priority to the enterprise.
- Ability to independently resolve important engineering issues requiring the use of advanced technology.
- Five or more years’ experience supporting programs and projects within this customer space.
DESIRED INDIVIDUAL CAPABILITIES:
- Experience in technical program/ project management/ project implementation highly desired.
- Experience in defining an effort from mission outcomes/objectives to key tasks, collaborating with others monitoring and preparing out-reports.
- Experience in writing and/or managing the development of functional requirements and other related SE documentation.
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in development/ implementation of SE processes and procedures.
- Experience with Confluence / JIRA managing Systems Engineering Projects.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules) The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) makes it unlawful for employers to discriminate in employment against a qualified individual with a disability. The ADA also outlaws discrimination against individuals with disabilities in State and local government services, public accommodations, transportation and telecommunications. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.