Kenjya-Trusant is seeking an Environmental Specialist to provide operational support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Administration, Office of Operations (A/OPR).
Clearance Requirement - Secret or Top Secret
Serves as the Subject Matter Expert environmental services for the Office of Operations (OPR). Provides technical support for a broad range of environmental issues, such as regulatory and permitting requirements, waste disposal and recycling, project reviews, and greening/sustainability issues.
- Oversees fuel management program including the Federal Certified Underground Storage Tank Operator Program, permitting requirements, and AST/UST upgrades.
- Prepares updates to the Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC ) program.
- Prepares and reviews air and water permits, licenses, applications and records to ensure compliance with federal and state environmental requirements.
- Monitors solid waste, recycling and hazardous waste storage & disposal programs, including tracking metrics, providing awareness training, identifying qualified vendors, and manifesting waste.
- Reviews construction and demolition plans for potential environmental issues and monitoring contractor performance.
- Conducts environmental compliance facility audits and performs environmental analyses in Support of NEPA Compliance .
- Identifies findings of noncompliance and develops corrective action recommendations and associated cost estimates.
- Prepares NEPA documentation including determinations concerning projects as Major Federal Actions or Categorical Exclusions; and reviews NEPA documentation such as Environmental Assessments, Findings of No Significant Impact, & Environmental Impact Statements.
- Oversees Natural Resources with a focus on conservation, monitoring, management, and regulatory reporting.
- Ensures compliance with NEPA, DEQ and other regulations relating to site activities.
A minimum of five (5) years’ federal compliance and planning experience is required.
- A Bachelor of Science degree or Bachelor of Engineering degree in an environmental discipline and
- Proven experience managing Federal Agency environmental programs, including fuels management, permitting, and waste management, is required.
- Demonstrated experience in providing environmental support for a large, multi-worksite federal agency with a blended workforce of contractors and direct hires.
- Experience in applying facilities-related environmental compliance policies, practices, and principles.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.