Kenjya-Trusant is seeking an Industrial Hygiene and Safety Specialist to provide operational support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Administration, Office of Operations (A/OPR).
Clearance Requirement - Secret or Top Secret
Performs industrial hygiene and safety services that include identifying, monitoring, and providing recommendations for the resolution of a broad range of hygiene and safety issues. Provides occupational safety and health training, including back safety, lifting techniques, pallet jack training, ergonomics, fall protection, lead hazards, hazardous noise, HazCom, etc. Supports the Industrial Hygiene and Safety program:
- Conducts safety assessments of processes and facilities, indoor air quality surveys, and mold assessments.
- Performs ventilation surveys, lead sampling for range personnel and surface contamination, and responds to water intrusion events.
- Conducts assessments of hazardous noise, lighting levels, and thermal comfort parameters; and conducts other industrial hygiene sampling and assessments as needed.
- Determines threats posed by mail or unknown powder incidents by utilizing field testing equipment, such as radiation survey meters, PCR and infrared spectroscopy, etc.
- Identifies findings of noncompliance and develops corrective action recommendations and associated cost estimates.
- Conducts construction safety reviews
Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as an Industrial Hygiene and Safety Specialist. Individuals must have demonstrated experience providing ergonomic evaluations.
- CIH or CSP certification
- Individuals must have demonstrated experience in providing EHS support for a large, multi-worksite agency with a blended workforce of contractors and direct hires.
- Bachelor's preferred
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.