Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a Building Management Specialist - Level 2 to provide operational support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Administration, Office of Operations (A/OPR).
Clearance Requirement - Secret or Top Secret
Assists the Building Manager or Branch Chief in overseeing building operating programs to meet the needs and requirements of the Department and related activities. Also assists in the development of plans and monitors schedules for building(s) maintenance and repair. Maintains constant contact with personnel occupying these buildings on approaches to maximize use of assigned space.
- Participates in the planning of construction, alterations, and equipment repairs and maintenance to meet changing needs. Responds to perceived and/or actual operating problems raised by building occupants, independently analyzes and pursues actions required to resolve such problems.
- Develops plans and specifications for contractual building services. Serves as a technical advisor to contracting officers for technical matters pertaining to the operation, maintenance, repair, preservation, alterations, equipment, and custody of the building(s) under incumbent’s responsibility.
- Monitors, tracks, and enters data on utilities consumption. Analyzes and compares consumption over same periods from previous years, noting any extreme or inexplicable variations. Makes recommendations on and implements cost and energy saving and preventive maintenance ideas and programs. Also devises plans for structural alterations/repairs and space renovations to improve the work environment.
- Drafts various technical reports and correspondence related to building and preventive maintenance programs. Proposes new techniques, policies, and procedures to management for program improvements.
- Conducts periodic inspections to evaluate the need for repairs, alterations, and/or replacements necessary to maintain the buildings, their HVAC, electrical, mechanical, and other systems, and grounds in quality condition. Maintains a schedule of repairs to track the priority order of work to be accomplished.
- Effectively employs all FMS Computerized Maintenance Management System (Maximo) modules, maintains top to bottom inventory and lifecycle management functions, and performs annual facility condition assessments (FCA). Maintains a detailed facility condition index for each structure so that capital investments can be made in a manner consistent with Office guidance.
- Oversees, monitors, and advises on activities to promote and ensure the safety and comfort of employees and visitors with regard to such aspects as safety, fire and security protection, energy conservation, historical preservation, space management, protection and comprehensive building and ground maintenance programs. Ensures that all regulations and guidelines dealing with these activities are adhered to by Department employees.
- A Bachelor's degree in the engineering/architecture/technical discipline or Construction Management is preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of practical experience as Building Management Specialist or Facility Manager.
- At least five (5) years demonstrated Project Management experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of a wide range of the management and administrative concepts, principles, practices, and procedures applicable to technical facilities management operations to analyze and evaluate methods to unusual and complex work assignments, problems, and situations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles and practices related to the overall building construction and preventive maintenance requirements to establish and administer control systems and procedures for technical service operations and to identify the need for and recommend repairs or alteration projects.
- Knowledge of space management principles and techniques to analyze space requirements, evaluate their efficiency, and to plan ways to expand and improve space to meet changing needs and/or requirements.
- Knowledge of procurement procedures including preparing estimates, obtaining bids, and submitting certification documents to assure invoices are complete and accurate and that all goods and services have been delivered efficiently according to contract.
- Ability to maintain harmonious relationships with tenant organizations to resolve problem and controversies related to space assignment, adequacy of building services, and priority of repairs, alterations, and other services.
- Experience coordinating building operation and maintenance, ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of building operations, automated systems, and mechanical equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.