Kenjya-Trusant is seeking an Administrative Specialist - Level 2 to provide operational support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Administration, Office of Operations (A/OPR).
Clearance Requirement - Secret or Top Secret
Performs tasks in the administrative management of the office. This may include interpreting administrative policies, developing and implementing local policies, defining administrative requirements, and providing advice to management on related issues. Independently performs administrative management functions that service office requirements and takes the lead in resolving administrative problems. Applies new policies, provide advice on requirements, maintains administrative systems, and prepares administrative paperwork. In fulfilling these responsibilities, performs a wide variety of technical and program management tasks and assignments in support of office, project and program functions.
- Composes correspondence for signature, refers other documents to appropriate staff for action, and follows-up on such material as may be necessary.
- Greet visitors, receives, and directs calls to relevant staff members. Follows up on telephone conversations and takes appropriate steps to ensure that necessary action is initiated, and subsequently ensures that such action is completed as quickly as possible. Follows up and ensures outstanding issues are addressed.
- Reviews outgoing correspondence for compliance with established policy and consistency with organizational procedures. As requested, makes searches for information that is difficult to obtain, compiles data, and forwards information as appropriate. Instructs and assists staff members regarding correct procedures to follow in preparing correspondence.
- Assembles information to be used for reports or responses to inquiries and composes correspondence not requiring technical knowledge.
- Ensures that all documents are well-written, in proper format, timely, complete, and fully coordinates with other affected organizations. Oversees the preparation of meeting minutes, presentations, and reporting documents; the compilation and proper filing of project documents; and the development and/or review planning documents.
- Utilizes Power Point, Excel, and Access computer programs in order to prepare files, charts and slides, for high level managerial presentations, to update, budget presentations, management and training seminars. Plans, initiates, develops, and verifies charts, slides, etc. through all stages for final presentation. Reviews and analyzes the data for technical accuracy and makes final recommendations and modifications to the exhibits.
- Performs work involving the collection, compilation, research, and/or tracking of data and programs information in support of various OPR program functions. This effort involves coordination and consultation with technical employees and managers across divisional lines within OPR and occasionally with similar employees in other bureaus.
- Gathers information, identifies, and analyzes issues, and develops recommendations to resolve problems and situations in workflow, work distribution, and organizational administration.
- Assists with procurement tasks for the office, prepares procurement requests, and prepares and reviews purchase order for supplies and non-expendable property necessary to the effective functioning of the office.
- Depending upon department or business needs, responsibility may include answering service calls from building occupants, entering data into computerized maintenance management system including service calls, request for work authorizations to dispatch technicians who maintain the facility.
- Coordinates property management to ensure non-expendable property is labeled and accounted for in the Integrated Logistics Management System. Submits purchase requests for contract services through the automated procurement request system (Ariba) and completes annual property reports.
- Provides program and management analysis and support to ensure proper financial and procurement procedures are followed, per the FAM. Works closely with Budget and Finance subject matter experts to ensure all documentation for project expenditures are done correctly and tracked properly and updates the financial plan.
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Skills to complete tasks in creative and effective ways and apply an advanced understanding of the organization and its functional policies and processes.
- Ability to manage dynamic calendars for management including event planning with external vendors, advanced writing skills to compose more difficult, detailed correspondence and to recommend updates to department documents as needed.
- Requires ability to learn and apply an advanced understanding of a large, complex organization and its customers.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in using a variety of office automation software programs such as email, word processing, spreadsheet, and slide presentation (MS Office Suite).
- Experience with contract document management or financial management desirable.
- Experience using automated program management systems desirable.
- Five (5) years increasingly responsible administrative assistant/ secretarial experience (preferably includes 2 years to executive level management).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field is preferred.
- One (1) year of specialized experience which included use of quantitative and qualitative techniques for analyzing and evaluating complex mission-oriented programs and projects for an organization.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.