Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a Lean/Agile Project Manager to provide operational support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Administration, Office of Operations (A/OPR).
Clearance Requirement - Secret or Top Secret
Works with both technology-focused and business-focused agile teams and agile release trains (teams of teams) in planning and executing work delivering value to the organization. Key functions include supporting clear and objective prioritization of work items, aligning work with high priority strategic goals, decomposing, and clarifying business value for technical work, as well as developing and using metrics to improve team and train performance.
- Supports the intake of taskers and Archibus program work into teams, ensuring alignment on tools and process and between the business processes and technology providers.
- Serves as Scrum Master to teams and/or Release Train Engineer to train as described by agile and scaled agile methodologies.
- Provides coaching to teams and team members to clarify roles/expectations and to resolve blockers.
- Works with Product Owners and Product Managers to ensure backlog is refined and demos/user acceptance is completed; identifies input and output criteria for accepting completed work and determines value has been delivered (definition of done, value statement/metrics).
- Assists teams in capturing and breaking down delivery of more complex requests that require coordination between teams. This is done through managing dependencies and by decomposing features to stories, splitting/slicing stories, identifying tasks.
- Facilitates team retrospectives and supports, trains, inspects, and adapts practices for continuous improvement.
- Gathers and analyzes performance metrics, such as team velocity, to forecast capacity so realistic commitments can be established to deliver on priorities.
- Facilitates and prepares for team and trains level ceremonies, such as sprint/iteration planning, backlog refinement, sprint/iteration review, team standups, team retrospectives, Quarterly PI Planning, and Scrum of Scrums Meetings.
- Communicates release planning objectives after release planning week (for the teams and the train).
- Communicate with stakeholders at several levels on team progress toward objectives and to resolve blockers.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience with a bachelor’s degree; or minimum of 5-7 years’ experience without a bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years minimum experience in an execution role on an agile team (e.g., Scrum Master, Release Train Engineer or Product Owner).
- Proven track record of success executing in an Agile environment and scaled agile implementation at a med/large organization (SAFe preferred, LeSS or DAD also accepted).
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and the ability to deliver sensitive/difficult information tactfully.
- Client-success oriented mindset.
- Ability to assess problems and solve them with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to motivate a team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Ability to effectively analyze data and apply solutions.
- High level of comfort with the role of a change agent within an organization.
- Passion and curiosity for understanding the business process for the supported release
- Ability to develop a general working knowledge of the technical domain to effectively
- support technical risks that may arise.
- Experience with the following types of tools:
- Task and backlog management tools (Kanban or Scrum boards)
- Reporting and analytics (agile dashboards and progress reports)
- Team collaboration tools (communicating updates, shared task lists, feedback, and assignments)
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.