Kenjya-Trusant is seeking an Interior Designer/Furniture Specialist - Level 2 to provide operational support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Administration, Office of Operations (A/OPR).
Clearance Requirement - Secret or Top Secret
Designs interiors of representational special areas, such as offices, conferences rooms, secure meeting facilities for Under Secretaries, Assistant Secretaries, and other senior staff. Leads projects involving the design of interior environments within facilities that promote the Department’s mission of diplomatic interaction with host nations. Influences new construction during all phases, representing user requirements and analysis of systems, materials, and furnishings appropriate to the office culture, environment, economy, and workforce.
- Leads studies conducted by multi-disciplinary teams of professionals and highly skilled individuals.
- Develops a combination of reports, meetings, site inspections including travel as needed, and other appropriate means and documentation related to Space Planning including developing Furniture Plans, Furniture Specifications, Timeline Requirements, and Presentations.
- Provides expert advice in the evaluation of proposals and assigned projects. Assists with space management issues; analyze space requirements, personnel and equipment needs, evaluate blocking plans for use and functionality, determine utilization rates, etc.
- Coordinates conducting of interviews and handles preparation of advice regarding functional adjacencies. Assists user in making determinations regarding space needs. Oversees the determination of the compatibility of existing space to organizational needs versus defining new space requirements.
- Develops comprehensive and detailed project plans including methodology, resource requirements, timelines, priorities, and budget impact. Performs budget planning and execution to support each step-in development
- Acquires and manages fiscal resources for each major project interior design project.
- Responsible for all aspects of complex interior design projects from the planning stage through completion.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Must be able to work as a technical expert and project manager with technical independence as a lead Interior Designer with little to no supervision.
- Experienced in developing interior design programs for construction and renovation projects, including the coordination of paints, wall coverings, floor and ceiling material, lighting, furniture and accessories, artwork, draperies, cubicles, etc.
- Mastery of developing of drawings in AutoCAD such as schematic block plans showing adequacies, architectural plans, demolition and build block plans, dimension plans, etc.
- Must be demonstrated experience in preparation and presentation of oral, written, and graphic design proposals.
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office and have experience in document control and management.
- 10 years’ experience in interior design and space planning for commercial, institutional, and similar facilities.
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.