The Kenjya-Trusant Group is seeking an Events Manager to support the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T) with a range of financial analysis support services.
POSITION: Events Manager
LOCATION: Washington, D.C. HYBRID, must reside within 50 miles of Washington, D.C.
The Conference Support Role is defined as primary support to the Federal Conference POC who serves as a single point of contact for all S&T divisions for conference policies and processes, planning, approval, and data capture and analysis.
To support conference and event planning in this business need
- Assist S&T with implementing the federal regulations on conferences at S&T.C.
- Assist S&T with implementing Department conference approval process at S&T, including reviewing the process to identify areas for streamlining and efficiency into our application of the process.
- Draft communications for distribution by FBD Conference POC on conference processes and procedures, approvals, polices, etc.
- Conduct market research on conference venues, costs, a/v capabilities etc.
- Identify and document possible cost reductions.
- Convey DHS conference policies and procedures to S&T offices and follow DHS guidance for all conference, workshops, and reviews.
- Draft conference approval process forms, and conference estimates.
- Assist S&T offices in attending all necessary conference approvals, as per DHS Conference Approval policy.
- Liaise with Financial Analyst and Financial Officers to help answer funding questions, tracker PR approval process, and identify conference funding execution figures.
- Develop process, tools, and system to capture estimated conference costs.
- Analyze data monthly, quarterly, and annually to identify trends and optimize conference efficiencies and cost savings.
- Assist with preparation of response to internal and external data calls related to S&T conference activity.
- Conduct and provide ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Develop process, tools and system to manage conference records.
- Ensure conference files and records are current and well organized.
- Ensure records are disposed of in accordance with established polices and guidelines.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- 3 to 10 years of relevant experience in preparing conference packages
- DHS suitability clearance (not required at time of application)