This position is located in USAID’s Bureau for Development, Democracy, & Innovation, Center for Economics and Market Development (DDI/ EMD). DDI/EMD works with USAID Missions and Regional Bureaus to ensure that country strategies and projects address key constraints to economic growth and maximize development returns.
The Special Assistant performs a range of tasks including scheduling, staff travel coordination, drafting communications and other documents, research, maintaining program files, and other duties as assigned. In addition, the incumbent may provide support to the Center’s technical and leadership staff, where appropriate, performing a variety of both complex and routine administrative and analytical duties in support of operating unit programming.
The nature of work may be sensitive and requires the full trust and confidence of USAID leadership to maintain an intimate knowledge of their members' views, goals, and procedures in carrying out assignments independently.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Regular contact with DDI Hubs and Centers, and Agency /Independent Offices to obtain briefs, background documents and other related materials for the principal.
- Management of appointment calendars and scheduling of appointments, meetings/conferences, speaking invitations, and official social functions upon own initiative based on personal knowledge of the leadership member’s schedule, obligations and desires.
- Reminds leadership member(s) of meetings, prepares read-ahead for each meeting ensures the leadership member(s) is fully briefed prior to attendance. Assists in preparation for conferences/meetings by assembling background information.
- Collaboration in resolving conflict situations and ensuring that all meetings have adequate representation from substantive units as well.
- Researches and reviews key documentation for the leadership member(s) ensuring comprehensiveness of input.
- Attends meetings with the leadership member(s) to take notes and coordinates special projects as assigned.
- Develops agendas for meetings chaired by the leadership member.
- Drafts correspondence and contributes to the preparations of speeches, reports, presentation, etc.
- Reviews all correspondence drafted for the leadership member’s signature to ensure clarity and that the member’s position is clearly reflected; and other duties as assigned.
- Support clearance process logistics, keeping a detailed tracker and ensuring that all items/packages are moving expeditiously through the clearance process.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience with an Undergraduate (BA/BS) degree.
- Ability to conduct administrative and managerial duties with professionalism, minimal supervision, the highest level of confidentiality, and assertiveness.
- Proficiency in use of computer programs: Google Suite (GMail; Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, Groups, Spaces, and Chat); Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook); proven internet research skills.
- Highly organized, efficient, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate cross-culturally (both verbally and in writing) complex technical issues to generalist audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work diplomatically and collaboratively, build consensus, and bridge diverse perspectives and interests.
- Ability to problem-solve and work in a complex, fast-moving environment, including coordinating with field locations.
- Ability to work in collaboration with high-level officials in a respectful and collegial manner.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Full-time - 40 hrs/ week
- Telework eligible
Place of Performance:
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Washington, D.C. - Ronald Reagan Building (RRB). On-site support with telework limited option.