Kenjya-Trusant is seeking a Management Consultant (VO/SAC) Watch Lead to provide support services as outlined below to efficiently and effectively support the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Consular Affairs (CA), Visa Services Directorate (VO).
NOTE: THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD
Clearance Requirement - Top Secret (may require SCI)
- Bachelor’s Degree, (advanced degree preferred), and;
- At least 15 years of consular or Foreign Service experience, including interpreting and applying complex regulatory material for minimum of 10 years. The regulatory material is identified in Section C.1.4. Applicable Documents and includes such regulatory documents as the Foreign Affairs Manual, the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), etc. Management Consultants must have experience interpreting and applying complex regulatory material.
- Experience utilizing a variety of office software, including: MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, MS Share Point, and MS Outlook.
- Effectively and diplomatically interface with all interlocutors
- Demonstrate excellent customer service, written, and oral communications skills
- Ability to work independently and/or as a member of the team to effectively interact with personnel at all levels
The Management Consultant provides support to the high-level Government staff and may be asked to prepare letters, reports, and briefings. Management Consultants may be assigned to any VO office, including that of the Managing Director. Management Consultants may be assigned to supervise personnel or team and lead special projects. Depending on Government needs, may be required to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME). A Management Consultant may perform all duties required including, but not limited to, the following:
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Provides assistance to all of the part-time watch standers as well as develops the work schedule.
- Draft analytical reports, communicate with management, conduct data collection interviews, and present results, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Advise VO principals and Office Directors on relevant issues pertaining to the assignment.
- Coordinates clearances and conduct research on visa cases by gathering information from a variety of sources, including but not limited to: applications, supporting documents, the internet, telephone calls, and government, commercial, and open source databases. Write recommended findings in a clear and concise manner that summarizes the information gathered and identified during research.
- Participate in consular outreach activities including, but not limited to: travel shows, professional meetings and conferences, and university events.
- Participate in interagency meetings, negotiations, and other high-level meetings as required.
- Suggest program and policy guidance while managing or leading interagency or special projects.
- Interpret complex law and regulations.
- Liaise between VO and other DOS bureaus or partner agencies.
- May be detailed to another Department of State bureau or partner agency.
- Attend, participate in, or lead VO training exercises as required.
- Comprehend and communicate the requirements for a visa in a professional and courteous manner over the telephone, through email, or in person.
- Ability to learn and recall information about visa application procedures and the rules and regulations pertaining to visa requirements.
- Serves as back-up to the other management consultants as designated.
- Available for telework when allowable and requested by Government Managers.
The Kenjya-Trusant Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at (410) 740-4045.