Kenjya-Trusant is seeking an Exercise Coordinator to support Headquarters Air Combat Command (HQ ACC) at Langley Air Force Base, Virginia. Support includes a full range of Information Warfare training and operations, Information Systems & Operations, Communications, Administrative Support, and Knowledge Based Services across the air, space, and cyber domains.
Clearance Requirement - SECRET
- Primarily performs tasks in support of A6OK7.
- Coordinate/Lead planning efforts with internal and external staff. Support the development of exercises from concept through execution and after-action reviews including moderating Table Top Exercises. Support and coordinate the identification of units to exercises.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and assessment of support of Flag or CAF level training exercises
- Provide input to exercise directives, memorandum of instruction, exercise deployment training, and after-action reports (AAR) in support of major exercises
- Facilitate MSEL Synchronization, Exercise Control Group, Exercise and Planning Group.
- Perform as WHITE CELL member during exercises and support duties prior to the exercise or training events.
- Document After Action Reviews (AARs), observations and support maintenance of inputs
- Participate in and provide SME support to Operational Planning Teams (OPTs), Integrated Planning Teams (IPTs), and Working Groups (WGs), including minutes
- Facilitate training and readiness assessments through the exercise program
- Develop TTPs for expeditionary communications’ participation in Flag and CAF level exercises
- Analyze METs and measurable data, identify shortfalls, and recommend COAs
- Support exercise or training event After Action Reports.
- Attend board, planning groups, surveys and meetings as required
- Monitors, evaluates, and actively participates in strategic planning to improve organizational direction and focus using strategic planning tools and techniques.
- Develop and integrate cyberspace and expeditionary communications capabilities into exercise plans
- Provide input to briefings, transitioning concepts to execution, and assist in the coordination of planning in support of training and exercise plans and operations
- Provide input for the development of TTPs, CONOPs, COAs, and other related documents related to securing, operating, and defending of the DODIN in an austere environment
- Provide input to address shortfalls, prioritize and validate requirements, and be prepared to modify development planning efforts based on the changing operational and cyberspace environment
- Contribute to the development of exercise scenarios, exercise operational plans, and other required documentation to support planning and execution to accomplish ACC exercise training priorities
- Assist and provide analysis and support in managing expeditionary communications (e.g. combat communications; Theater Deployable Communications (TDC); Organize, Train and Equip (OT&E) support to Satellite Communications (SATCOM); and Deployable Air Traffic Control and Landing Systems (DATCALS)) for cyber activities. This includes coordinating or interacting with Higher Headquarters staff, other MAJCOMs, Centers and below the line organizations to support effective management of these functions.
- Support OT&E responsibilities for the requisite Expeditionary Communications in addition to assisting TDC Lead Command responsibilities as outlined by Air Force Policy Directive (AFDP) 10-9 and Air Force Instruction (AFI) 10-901.
- Assist ACC/A6 in determining Air Force TDY equipment requirements for Air and Space Expeditionary Force (ASEF) deployments.
- Provide MAJCOM OT&E support to Combat Communications SATCOM systems. Interface with designated SATCOM Terminal Program Offices and Lead Command to advocate for Expeditionary Communications.
- Provide MAJCOM OT&E support to DATCALS. Provide technical support to ACC/A6 as DATCALS user/system affiliate, and the DATCALS Lead Command, Air Force Flight Standards Agency (AFFSA).
- Coordinate with SAF/A3C/A6C, SAF/AQ, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC), Program Management Offices (PMOs), 15 AF, 16 AF, AFNIC and other Lead Command agencies to develop, disseminate, and support Lead Command activities, which belong to ACC under the cyberspace mission.
- Provide technical advice, services and assistance to HQ ACC/A6 in response to staff tasking.
- Prepare and/or support ACC/A6 cyber requirements and suspenses by drafting informational papers, point papers, briefs, outlines, draft reports, and publications/documentation and background papers to support senior leadership technical briefings/meetings and major milestone decisions (e.g., CONOPS, Operating Concepts, Concepts of Employment, Systems Requirements Document, and CDD.7.10.28.Coordinate and facilitate HQ ACC-sponsored meetings, working groups and conferences.
- Attend MAJCOM Combat Communications, logistics, maintenance and sustainment Lead Command technical interchange, audit meetings, and conferences to facilitate information gathering; development disseminate cyberspace expeditionary cyber network activities.
- Assist and develop exercise options based on unit availability, training requirements, and exercise objectives for expeditionary communications.
- Develop and brief exercise options, work with outside organizations and subordinate units during mission analysis and finalize exercise planning by providing concept of operations and writing exercise orders.
- Work as part of an assessment team member evaluating how a unit performs. Collect data and develop after action reports and build after action briefings. Assist team members with the war-gaming process in development of potential future exercises during the options development process.
THE KENJYA-TRUSANT GROUP, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business that was established in 2015 as a merger between The Kenjya Group, Inc. and Trusant Technologies, LLC. Our mission is to implement, support and protect the nation’s advanced technology systems, business processes and high-technology facilities. Working with the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, the Intelligence Community, state and local governments, and commercial clients, Kenjya-Trusant provides cyber protection, information technology, engineering, construction management and acquisition support services. We are a small company with big company benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, Bonus Potential, Flexible Spending Account, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, and a culture of teamwork and continuous learning. Come grow with us!
- Must possess current SECRET
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years’ experience or;
- Associates Degree plus 7 years’ experience.
- Two (2) years’ experience/knowledge of USG principles, methodologies, and approaches used in operational exercise planning.
- Knowledge and three (3) years of experience with deliberate or contingency planning, design, and execution support, including training objectives and scenarios with coordination or collaboration across multiple organizations.
- Three (3) years of experience with developing Master Scenario Event Lists (MSELs) based on Mission Essential Tasks (METs) and documenting lessons learned, including assessing and documenting current operations, contingency operations, deployments, and redeployments through direct field observations, measurements, meetings, briefings, and reports
- Three (3) years of experience with developing, advising, assessing, updating, and improving training programs with an emphasis on expeditionary communications concepts
- Knowledge of commonly used communications systems, technology, and operations, as well as established methods, procedures, regulations and other guides that relate to a particular area.
- Ability to define problem areas, gather and analyze factual data, and form and communicate conclusions and recommendations.
- Experience in long-range event planning and military exercise support
- Knowledge of communications systems and network systems technology and operations, sufficient to plan, manage, integrate, and/or execute communications and network systems, services, or operations
- Comprehensive knowledge and skill in applying DOD, AF, and NGB policies, standards, directives, and operations manuals to perform systems analysis, evaluate approaches, offer advice, define alternative approaches, and coordinate requirements regarding the merits of proposed applications, and design changes.